Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
CavWeb's Official Penis!
5,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I grew up all parents smacked their kids. I'm talking about beatings here, just a smack when very naughty.

My little girl was really naughty last night and I gave her a smack on the bum. Her mum went balistic at me.

Do you smack your kids?

·
15,300 Posts
I dont cause ive not got any of my own lol
But I dont see anything wrong with it, it never did previous generations any harm!

·
Premium Member
9,195 Posts
to bloody right.

again, there is a case for people taking it too far, but a swift slap across the arse/back of the legs usually gets the desired effect if only for shock value.

but it has to be a last resort otherwise the shock value is gone.
its conditioning.
tell your child 3 times and then a smack.
they will soon learn to listen to the warnings.

my old man used to treat us to getting a belting WITHOUT the buckle if we hadnt been too bad.
but we used to get smacked quite often .lol

·
Premium Member
4,197 Posts
I grew up getting a whack when I was bad. My parents used to keep a carpet gripper in the cupboard and we always thought it was there to hit us with if we were really bad, so we were never really bad.

When my kiddy comes along, I hope I wont have to smack him/her but discipline will be used as and when required.

·
Floater
3,596 Posts
same as goonas really...

warnings first then a smack.. also feel that if you warn you are going to do something (like Smack etc) then you must go through with it if they carry on disobeying etc...

Also agree with Dest.. didnt harm anyone else before our kids did it?

·
Premium Member
9,195 Posts
Malky said:
I grew up getting a whack when I was bad. My parents used to keep a carpet gripper in the cupboard and we always thought it was there to hit us with if we were really bad, so we were never really bad.

When my kiddy comes along, I hope I wont have to smack him/her but discipline will be used as and when required.

same as.

parent used to have an old skool wooden horse hair clothes brush hanging in the hall.

we knew we had done bad when we come thru the front door and it wasnt hanging up.

more often than not a very good deterrent as it hurt like feck!!!

·
VXON's middle-aged lesbian.
28,788 Posts
I haven't smacked Conor yet (4 1/2), but I've been fookin close, and I've sure as hell grabbed him and bellowed at him!!!!

My dad used to whack me (mum never did), but he never got out of control or sadistic with it. Quite honestly, I'm glad he smacked me.

·
Likes this.
11,139 Posts
There's a massive difference between a smack on the bum and hitting your child though. And unfortunately for the sensible parents, there are too many idiot parents that don't know the limits and take things much too far.

We will warn our kids once, then again and if they are still misbehaving they get put into the hallway and have to sit quietly on the stairs for 4 mins (for Beth, who's 4) and 6 mins (for Emily, who's 6). If they still play up, they get a smack and sent to their bedroom.

Very difficult though sometimes, this discipline malarky.

·
Premium Member
9,195 Posts
dont think there would be half the social problems there are now if kids were still able to be given a good ass whuppin for being naughty/cheeky

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
As Goonas and Ada-V have said, although you have to balance it with showing them that you love them and don't want to have to smack them to keep them disciplined. Worked fine with me and my brother.

·
VXON's middle-aged lesbian.
28,788 Posts
SteveW said:
Very difficult though sometimes, this discipline malarky.
Agreed.

We're still using the 'naughty step' angle.

·
Premium Member
9,195 Posts
apparently, according to lin, you arent even allowed to use negative terms with kids nowadays (naughty/bad/misbehaving/etc)

she says your told to tell the kids what theyre doing isnt allowed or against the rules or summat

how fekkin pathetic is that!

·
Sexy Saloon
1,548 Posts
ADA-V said:
apparently, according to lin, you arent even allowed to use negative terms with kids nowadays (naughty/bad/misbehaving/etc)

she says your told to tell the kids what theyre doing isnt allowed or against the rules or summat

how fekkin pathetic is that!
And that how we've end up with chavs...

·
Premium Member
17,488 Posts
I will say neither of my kids have been smacked often.. Chloe is 8 and probably been smacked twice. We have resorted to bribery instead... She gets pocket money - if she plays up it get docked... and docked etc...

This also works in another way, because if she is good she has her own money to buy stuff she wants - like cD's etc, so she wont badger me or mum if we can buy something for her, she will look at how much she has and use it.

·
Premium Member
6,814 Posts
Yes i smack mine when their out of order and anyone who tells me different would get one too.

I brought them into the world and i discipline them the way i see fit and wont have do fecking gooder's telling me its wrong,it never done me no harm and it wont do them any harm either.

No wonder the countries fecked up....the kids know the rules better than we do and play on it to the max......but not in my house.

·
8v Power!
10,748 Posts
*sighs* it never harmed me, my sister or my brothers.... its just a joke today's society...

1 - 20 of 56 Posts