Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right this is my problem, I used to own a very reliable vectra and not so long ago I sold it to my brother in law, I've recently brought it back off him for £50 and I am going to treat it as my little project. However it drives like a complete slug, it stutters to the point where it will almost cut out, and there is oil everywhere in the engine bay, as well as the engine management light is always lit, I have had this checked out with a tech II and it is the cam sensor, are these symptoms of a bad cam sensor?. The only solution I can come up with is to get the engine reconditioned to sort out the leak and fix any internal worn parts, replace any surrounding parts and give a good steam clean. Does anyone have an idea of how much it would cost to recondition the engine from bottom to top?

·
Registered
21 Posts
i would steam engine to see where oil leak is coming from first and establish how bad the leak is. the cam sensor would make it run like a pig so if its not a bad leak id do cam sensor. if you needed it reconditioned i recon it would cost between £600-£900 so it would be cheaper getting a good second hand engine if the oil leak wasnt repairable on your old engine. hope this helps

1 - 2 of 2 Posts