Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there.

I though i'd post some info - which you probably all know already - before i start asking for help with my Omega MV6 and hopefully start out by giving instead of taking :).

When i bought my car (a 2000 pre-facelift LPG MV6) the front windows were _really_ slow to wind up and down, practically stopping in the middle. After taking the car back twice and the garage "oiling" the rubbers to no avail, they supposedly completely stripped the door and winding mechanisms, again to no avail. Apparently, what made it much better was bending the doors back into shape (scary thought!) by a couple of mm at the tops. I was told that with it having 75k miles on, this is to be expected :mmmm. Same way that pulling to the left is a safety feature, eh? Which i've been told when i looked at an Omega previously.

Anyway, i don't know if this is any help to anyone but i thought i'd mention it.

There was something else to do with an oil leak that was "fixed" by replacing the oil cooler switch? But i'll add that in when i find out exactly what it was from the receipt.

I'm really enjoying the car but from looking here, it seems there's so many scary problems that can and usually do happen!

Yoxubarl

·
Omega Tank Commander
7,722 Posts
More likely to be the oil pressure switch.....

....you shouldn't oil the windows, you need a dry lubricant like PTFE spray.

Remember this, there are one hell of a lot of Omegas out there, they score well in the JD power survey (close to the Audi A4, higher than the Volvos) and you only post on a help site if you have problems!

·
Premium Member
805 Posts
Listen to Mark...

People dont spend there happy time shouting how good there car is, naturaly forums will attract people needing help

Use this forumula

(posters with issues/total omegas sold)*100 = percent with problems

Not many mate ;)

But when they go, they are not a really easy car to work on!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oil pressure switch it was :).

Thank you for the advice on the PTFE spray. I'll remember that if they get slow again.

Yep, i realise that people only post to help sites with problems and that will skew perception. And, after having tried to change the plug leads last weekend (thanks to the How2) i realise how evil the car is to work on - it looks a lot harder with all the LPG gear under the bonnet too. I gave up after getting halfway along the plastic scuttle retaining screws because it would have been dark before i put everything back together.

Didn't mean to sound stupid, sorry. Though i'm certainly no mechanic so all the help i've had from reading the site so far is much appreciated.

Yoxubarl

1 - 6 of 6 Posts