Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I`m new to this site, i bought a signum 1.9 cdti over a year and a half ago. i used to do a daily commute of 40-50 mins each way of mainly motorway driving over a 4-5 day period, with no issues.
Car ran fine gave good fuel economy, but now i work approx 10-15 mins away from home and the car will every so often produce a parafin style smell in the cab and start smoking (white smoke).
No coolant loss and no oil loss.... This lasts for approx a few minutes and if i switch the car off once home or at work it starts up fine and no smoke is visible, the smell disappears and then a while later it happens again.
Now I`ve talked to couple of garages and a DPF guy and they say i dont have a DPF on this car.... The Signum is a 57 Plate with approx 145,000 on the clock..... I do take the Signum for a blast along the local motorway every couple of weeks and this seems to increase the gap in when the Signum does the white smoke and parafin. Any Ideas???

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No i checked around the injectors and that`s all dry.... it did it again this morning on way into work and the EML comes on now and goes into limp mode.... Might have to break the law tonight and go down the motorway for a couple of junctions to give it a good run.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts