Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A mate of mine has just bought a 2003 Signum, I was wondering if these have the prewire for handsfree installation. He's just got rid of a 2001 Saab 9-3 wich had the loom already fitted. Normally it supplies the power and the line in from the nokia kit so the sound is brought through the stereo.
Any ideas?

Cheers
Rich

·
CavWeb Audio Master
1,777 Posts
It might do but then again stands as much chance not having it I'm afraid. With the Vectra B it was a pretty much standard thing. Now with the C's & Signums it's an option to have the phone loom fitted when ordering the car from new. Most of the C's & Signums I've installed phones in don't have them. Quick way of telling if the base of the aerial on the roof is considerably bigger which houses the factory fitted GSM aerial. You'll be laughing if it's there as the lead also comes down in the glove box along with the phone lead. Don't be misstaken if the car has sat nav as the GPS aerial also gets fitted there in which case you'll need to remove all of 5 T20 screws to have a look. It will be located to the right hand side of the glove box & taped up easily accessible.
If it doesn't have the lead there the input can still be made on the plug into the back of the stereo, whip out the stereo & the label on the top should explain all.

As for the Saab, just like Vauxhall it's become an option now although it's only the base model 93 which doesn't have it along with the aerial lead to the roof aerial, strangely though these base models all have 4 electric windows. My spec'd up C which has auto dipping mirror, auto wipers & so on only has 2 electric windows:cry:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts