Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

My son has just bought an 04 astra 1.6sxi twinport fitted with the above radio.

He has not got the code for the radio from the previous owner and we do not have the pass card. so maybe he will have to fit an after market unit

Can someone advise

1. What does the VDO stand for ??
2 . we have tried to remove the radio by removing the grub screws in the front and using a a removal tool but the radio wont slide out.. Is it held in by anything else at the back. ? I dont want to force any thing the wrong way.?? I mangaged to get the CD300 out of my other sons corsa with out any problems..

Any advice would be most welcome

Cheers

·
Registered
2 Posts
i had the same radio , should just pull out but it was tight, luckily mine wasn`t coded cause when i took it out and gave it to my dad it just came on when he fitted it. i think its about £15-20 for the codes

·
VXON's mini owner
485 Posts
VDO stands for: 'Vereinigte Deuta OTA' ...... according to their website :) , VDO dates back to 1930's Germany, was owned by Siemens and now both owned by Continental (tyres)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hi

My son has just bought an 04 astra 1.6sxi twinport fitted with the above radio.

He has not got the code for the radio from the previous owner and we do not have the pass card. so maybe he will have to fit an after market unit

Can someone advise

1. What does the VDO stand for ??
2 . we have tried to remove the radio by removing the grub screws in the front and using a a removal tool but the radio wont slide out.. Is it held in by anything else at the back. ? I dont want to force any thing the wrong way.?? I mangaged to get the CD300 out of my other sons corsa with out any problems..

Any advice would be most welcome

Cheers
Here's some more info on getting out the radio...

Electronics Automotive exterior Electrical wiring Auto part

Here are the securing lugs (circled in red) that are freed when you insert the removal tool (in my case I made two pieces of 3mm thick wire bent to fit -insert them carefully- you get a feel when you're in the right place) and then apply pressure on both wires, towards the doors (this pushes in the lugs), then pull towards you.

Machine Electronics Auto part Automotive window part

Another tip I've yet to try is "googling" radio codes. Apparently its possible to get the code for the radio for about £8 if you've lost it.

·
VXon Frontera Monkey
9,886 Posts
Hi yours is a single DIN radio but the removal is the same - it will have ISO plugs which will fit any after market radio - you will need to swop the yellow and red power feeds as VX use them back to front - and to get the display to show temp and date you will need to cut the purple wire
regards
Steve

·
VXon Frontera Monkey
9,886 Posts
nope - the bolt should have a rubber cover which slots into a recess to support the radio - but its not bolted - you couldn't if you wanted too lol
on the Frontera the radio is secured using side screws but that only involes removing a small section of facia all othe VX use standard fitting
cheers
Steve

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.