Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Not as green as I am cabbage looking.
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cos I'm nosey :D

So, what do you use?

was going to be a poll, but will just have to be a short survey, as too many options...

So

1. Razor Type
    • Cut-throat
    • Old fashioned "Safety"
    • Disposable
    • Standard
    • Powered (... Power / ... Energy)
    • I use electric (ignore the rest of this :))
  2. Which Brand
    • Gillette (Procter & Gamble)
    • Wilkinson Sword (Schick)
    • BiC
    • Shops Own Brand
    • Other (please specify)
  3. How Many Blades
    • 1 (inc Cut-throat & Safety)
    • 4+1
    • other
  4. Ladies - Do you use....
    • Razors marketed at women.
    • Razors marketed at men.

·
Premium Member
9,195 Posts
im with dave. lol

infact, i cant remember the last time i shaved.

·
Not as green as I am cabbage looking.
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, spose I best answer.

I have used several, I have a

Gillette - Sensor Excel, Mach 3, M3 Power & Fusion Power
Wilkinson Sword - Quatro Ti, & Quatro Ti Energy.
Old Safeways Razor

I cannot stand disposables, esp the BiC 1 blades, mainly because the handles are too short and too light. and if eneyone is daft enough to spend out on the disposable version of the Sensor, at £7.50 for 3, you might as well buy standard blades and a handle.

When I started shaving, I got the safeways handle, but used to buy their disposable 2 blades, take the heads off and put them on the normal handle. Worked a treat.

Currently I use the Quattro Ti Energy, although I hae only used it once. I am not totally sold on the Energy side, but I have only used it once. Before that was the Quattro Ti, which is one of the best blades I have used, but clogs easily due the closeness of the blades.

The Quatro, IMO, is miles nbetter than the Fusion. BUT when I have lots of facial growth, I find the M3 copes better, and I also found that the M3 Power was an improvement over the M3, Unlike the WS.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I'm an almost terminal cheapskate.

I've had a Gillette Sensor Excel, a Wilkinson Sword (can't remember the name - a two-bladed jobbie with a flexible blade).

Right now I'm using Boots own brand 3-blade refills, which fit the Sensor Excel handle but cost about a quarter the price. Seeing as they're all made in the same couple of factories in Taiwan or whatever anyway, provided you don't go for the cheap & nasty single blade disposable razors I don't think it makes much difference.

·
Rascal
11,945 Posts
Gillette Mach 3 for me, never had any problems with it. Again, I just let mine grow for a few days and then shave when i look like a hobo. I quite fancy a beard trimmer though, so I might get one of them.

·
Jeff fa faaa
8,454 Posts
electric as its far less hassle.

·
Premium Member
2,612 Posts
I have a phillips electric shaver but don't really get on with it, only use it if I decide last minute I should have shaved.

I have generally always had gillette products, not really liked the wilkinson sword ones. Use a mach 3 turbo at the moment.

I don't shave everyday, probably every other day during the week and then not at all over the weekend.

And I always moisturise afterwards, otherwise my face gets all dried out.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Phillips Coolskin shaver with some cream stuff in it...

looking to change, as never feel i get a close shave, and blades seem to cut me alot..

anyadvice anyone??

i have extream hair groath, have to shave daily.
(work in a corporate bank in the city so have to be clean shaven)
but have never found a blade that can do that without cutting my face up (i have delicate skin i guess)

have used: Wilkinson sword titanian, that vibrating one what ever that was called.. gillet mach 3 turbo.

so what should i be using, i seen a new one advertised on TV lately and thought i might try it??

Darren

1 - 20 of 29 Posts