Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all

this has probably been covered many time but i couldnt find any thing on it.
so apologies up front.

i have a 2003 2.0 dti and my service light is on the dash (spanner and oil can) with 1000 miles written at the bottom of the display. i always take my car to the same mechanic who is great but does not have the tool for resetting the light. is there a way of doing it my self.:D

many thanks

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
Don't know about a Vectra, but my on Astra the oilcan and spanner are two seperate lights. And what's more, if the oil light is illuminated whilst the engine has been running for more that about ten seconds after start-up, it's switch the damn thing off and investigate!

Anyway, if your garage chappy hasn't the kit to even reset the light, perhaps I could be forgiven for thinking he hasn't the kit to deal with the problem in any way shape or form.

·
Qualified lego bricklayer
9,180 Posts
Don't know about a Vectra, but my on Astra the oilcan and spanner are two seperate lights. And what's more, if the oil light is illuminated whilst the engine has been running for more that about ten seconds after start-up, it's switch the damn thing off and investigate.
Not on the Vectra. It's part of the ECOService Flex, and is to notify when a service is due.

Anyway, to reset it, press and hold down the trip button, then turn on the ignition and wait a few seconds. Finally releasing the trip reset button. If sucessful the mileage displayed underneath should become a higher number when you next briefly press the trip button with the ignition turned off.

I take it he used the long life engine oil (GM-LL-B-025 or equivelant spec)- which is necessary if you're going to remain on the ECOService Flex service schedule. If not, then the car will have to be plugged into a Tech2 device to alter the servicing schedule to a max of 1 year or 20,000 miles and not 30,000 miles or max of 2 yrs.

RTFM (Read the flipping manual) for further clarification of the service schedules.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys i'll give it ago

my mechanic has been the same 1 for the last 12 years, he's not too pricy and a very good mechanic and has never let me down yet. just not into the computer side of things. but on anything else there's no one better where i live. except dealers.

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
Anyway, to reset it, press and hold down the trip button, then turn on the ignition and wait a few seconds. Finally releasing the trip reset button. If sucessful the mileage displayed underneath should become a higher number when you next briefly press the trip button with the ignition turned off.
Similar to my Astra. And apparently Blast's garage chappy hasn't the kit to reset it!

·
Registered
4 Posts
i got a astra sports hatch, will the work one mine, oh and it the trip button the one where you reset the millage from?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts