Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Has anyone experience heavy outer tyre wear on rear tyres and what could be the causing this. Put 4 new tyre on not driven 300 miles and it taken it toll on the outer edge, had a quick vision and it looks like new rear spring. Any advise welcome or experiences??

·
Premium Member
3,055 Posts
Might help if you say what car it is.

Reactions: Boroboy

·
Premium Member
3,055 Posts
Right, from what I can see, Vivaro's have a semi-rigid rear axle, so there doesn't appear to be any tracking or camber adjustment available on the rear.
Assuming all the fixings are tight, you're running the tyres at the correct pressures, and the van is not overloaded, then something might be bent.
It might point you in the right direction by having the four wheel alignment checked, if the tyres are wearing badly.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Assuming all the fixings are tight, you're running the tyres at the correct pressures, and the van is not overloaded, then something might be bent.
It might point you in the right direction by having the four wheel alignment checked, if the tyres are wearing badly.
That was my first thought too. Best get it looked at. Probably someone's hit a kerb.

·
Premium Member
3,055 Posts
That was my first thought too. Best get it looked at. Probably someone's hit a kerb.
@Valer has posted what the settings should be, if the rear wheel toe or camber is out, it looks as if they cannot be adjusted.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Both tyres implies an incorrect toe in/out.

I have used string before to provide an indication of toe, where it's stretched from front tyres to rear tyres. It does rely on the front and rear wheel bases to be the same, if not you need to apply a correction.

There are a few youtube videos on how to use string for front wheel alignment but you can use it for rear too, certainly as a check.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts