Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Vxon's Team Peugeot representive
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DOnt be biased as it a vauxhall please.

My car 1999 T reg 306 Estate, 1.9TD mileage, 128k, MOT and tax till only september.

To swap for a 2000 W Vectra SRI saloon 2.5v6
144k 10 months MOT and Tax.

Bodywork couple of rust spots on doors none on mine.

I must give £100 to balance the tax out aswell.

Is 144k to high for the V6.?

But then i dont need to worry MOT or Taxing mine.

Honest opinions please.

·
22,199 Posts
Depends on what you want from the car...I presume you have the Pug D estate for economy and load lugging ability, as i cant see why you would need one other than that really....the Vectra will no doubt give you possibly half the MPG of the Pug.

·
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its got FSH upto 119k when the service book has been completed so would need another book.

Im just thinking value etc, i know a TD would sell easier then a V6.
I want a Saloon Vectra.
I know the MPG would be dramitic change, i dont do the mileage i used to do in it, and the fishing stuff i think (hope) after looking at it will go in the vectra.

·
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
but suprisingly to me the seats fold down into the boot so dont think that should be too much problem, the rod back is about 6'6 in length so may stick up between passengers a bit.

Cambelt was done at 119k not sure by who yet though.

Might look at getting that done again anyway.

How much should i set aside for that, and is there anyone on here that does them for ££?

·
Likes this.
10,838 Posts
Chris McC's Cavalier V6 has covered in excess of 160k miles and is still going. That hasn't had an easy life either, been driven "properly" for most of those miles - although I'd say it's been extremely well looked after.

I'd swap if it were me and the mpg drop wasn't really an issue.

·
Cannonball will win with or without you
8,417 Posts
I realy like the look of the facelift SRi's . If MPG is no issue then go for it .
I know someone with a GSi on 180k and still going allright .

·
Premium Member
12,918 Posts
Depends what you want, the V6 will be a smooth ride, but it's a V6, so you know what you're getting economy wise.

I'd have the Vectra too tbh, but if economy was an issue, then no... I'd keep the Peugeot.

·
Premium Member
5,746 Posts
well you'll use about twice the fuel in the vectra knocking about and a fair bit more than that if you get heavy footed. TBH though i dont think its much of a debate. if you want a nice drive swap it. if you want economy dont. the vectra's newer, looks a lot better, goes a lot better, will drive better, will be more comfy, etc etc. the 306's are ok for cheapness but thats about it. only thing i'd watch is that you may get sick of the big gap 1st to 2nd in the vectra after a nice, close 306TD 'box.

·
Premium Member
3,121 Posts
mate not a hard decision...swap

·
Premium Member
2,351 Posts
If you want to change the pug for something else, would you be looking at a Ventra? What would you be able to sell the pug for? what price would you need to pay for that Vectra anywhere else?

So if you sold the pug for cash and went out shopping for a vectra, would you be able to buy one for the money you'd get for the pug? You'd certainly have more choice on body style, colour and spec if paying cash.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts