Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, been looking thorough this forum, and it's very nice.

Here we go.....

Problem, Engine Turns over....thats it

Senator B 2.6 Dual Ram 12v (L reg)

At first i though this was an ignition problem, i got a new coil and she was running nice for about 3 weeks then that same thing happened.

Check 1 - took out spark plug turned engine over - Spark - Ignition OK

Check 2 - pressed inflator valve on fuel rail, fuel everywhere, turned engine over, checked fuel rail, fuel everywhere - Fule pump and filter OK

Check 3 - Ran a multi-meter on the injectors, reading 0.5v (is this ok?)

Checked spark plugs again, bone dry..injectors not opening?

Thought it might be the ECU, swapped that with a friends, both ECU's worked on his car, but not mine.

and now i'm stumpped, any help would be appreciated

Thx

·
Premium Member
974 Posts
What's the chances of injectors blocked.... low fuel, crap in filter, etc ?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
New filter fitted about 6 months ago, tank half full, i'll check the injectors tho but i can't see all 6 being blocked.

·
Premium Member
974 Posts
Ok... so is there a common point between the ECU and the injectors ... sounds like the signal from the ECU isn't getting to the injectors.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i've done some digging around, it might be the crank sensor, i'll get 1 tomorrow, and hopefully this post can be closed and the findings can be put into vast knowledge of wierd problems, i'll let you know in any case, thx, what i need to know is what is the voltage to open the injectors

·
Registered
25 Posts
senny probs

my be useful clean injector wiring plug large black one they sometimes through cappilary action draws up oil etc same with starter connection plug my be worth a try;

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
had a friend come over today, did a diagnostic, came up with blink code 31 (Engine RPM signal), great, crank sensor, took his crank sensor off, fitted to my car, did a re-diagnostic - blink code 12 (NO fault), whooooooo, disconnect the battery for 10 mins to clear error code out of ecu, turned engine over, bugger all, still cranking over and not firing:crying_2: the only other thing i can think of is, it might be the fuel pump, it might be working, but not putting enough pressure in the fuel rail, any ideas anyone?

·
Registered
25 Posts
ino start senatorr

have you swopped fuel pump relay under black box on right hand side of engine bay or behind fuse box on later models try taking it out and wiggling slightly sometimes that the problem bad contacts my help

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got it sorted, fuel pump relay was burnt out, got a new one, fitted it, and whoosh up she fired, BTW the relay was located above the ECU, took awhile to find it, thanks for all your help :)

Also if you get error 31 on a diagnostic (the crank sensor) it might not be the sensor, it could be the fuel pump relay, i re fitted my old sensor and the car fired up no problems. The fuel pump relay will not come up on a diagnostic, as the relay reads infomation from the fuel pump and the crank sensor, the only way i found out was to check the fuel rail was filling up with fuel (fuel pump ok) and opening the relay up, which i found burn marks on the pcb. I hope this info saves alot of heart ache to other carlton / senator drivers.

·
Registered
25 Posts
senny wont start

just thought i would point out that code 31 is always activated when engine is off it shows no revs per minute or engine off this dissapears when engine is started but if there are other probs these will be shown code 31 is not for crank sensor as such on motronic ecu systems its the code for no engine rpm signal just thought i would point this out , but otherwise glad your problem is now solved you must have a later model , earlier cars had fuel pump relay in engine compartment under black cover on right hand side later ones were behind fuse box in drivers footwell , with other relays also , i have had this prob a few times now normally resolved by wiggling relay , other time it was shot .afairly common prob on lots of cat equipped vauxhalls , that use same relay

1 - 12 of 12 Posts