Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

I thought I'd try on here before giving up all together :(

My partner has a 2002 Vauxhall Corsa 1.2 SXI semi-auto.

It's recently had the headgasket/sump gasket done and also gone through a clean MOT, hence trying to fix it.

The build up:

When the headgasket was done the car started juddering (we would say clutch judder in a manual) when setting off and engaging 1st gear, but would stop after the car was fully warmed up and driven for awhile

The juddering was not there when changing from 1st -2nd etc. Just when pulling off.

The last time it was driven, we went to fill the tank up, my partner drove work and back, everything was fine apart from the jerking, we later went to pick the children up from school, and the road is on a slight incline by the school.

She started the car as normal with foot firmly on the foot brake, selected auto, and the car with foot on the brake pedal started biting on the clutch then releasing, it did this 3-4 times before flagging the "F" sign on the display.

I've towed the car home and tried it since, still the same, if I select auto and release the footbrake it creeps forward about 2 foot then releases the clutch and repeats until the "F" appears again, at that point the car appears to be in neutral as it will rev up freely.

If I try to engage reverse gear it grinds at first then selects it, when I release the footbrake the car shoots off faster than it would normally.

Just a bit stumped as to what it could be as I can't think of any build up to the issue, apart from clutch judder.

Tested so far:

Disconnected the battery for an hour (long shot I know)

I have ran Op-com and it came back with two codes

ECU - P1730 = MIL requested via can (pernament)
TRANSMISSION - P1731 = Gearbox Actuator Temperature - Not present

I have cleared both codes, but no difference.

I have flushed the old oil out of the actuator and have put new in, then bled the system using the Op-com software

I have jacked the car up so both wheels are free, using Op-com used the "Relearn gearbox parameters" option, that completes without issue

I have tried to run the option "Touch point adaption" but this throws up "sync error"

I have manually tested the clutch via Op-com, the measurements are (off) -0.06mm (on) 17.63mm

Some have suggested the clutch, seals, actuators just not sure what to try next?

Any help appreciated, this is my partners first car.. I know most may have scrapped it, but to be fair it's an 02 on 51k so worth trying to fix beforehand, engine run's sweet as a nut no misfires or knocks.

I always worked on manual car's so semi-auto and easytronic is a whole new area for me, I have tried google but can't seem to find the same issue as I've got.

Thank you.

·
13,368 Posts
Try keeping your foot on the brake pedal while running the Touch Point Adaptation.
You also ideally need to be running firmware 1.39 to access the Corsa C correctly.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the feedback, I did have my foot on the brake pedal the whole time, but still through up that error message, I will check the firmware now do you mean the dongle's firmware or the software version of Op-com?

Thanks

·
Worn Out Member
6,221 Posts
Post both,software and firmware versions.
Here's the expected data list and checking procedure for the easytronic clutch

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Will do thank you, will also have a look at them to see if there's anything I can do :S

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi again,

From what I can see

Op-com software version 120309a, Dongle firmware v01.95

·
13,368 Posts
Oh dear. :(

·
13,368 Posts
Well it's not working for you is it! :rolleyes:

Needs few 1.39 and the correct matching software to get it dine.

Unfortunately it is almost a certainty that your fw can not be changed. :cry:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea true, I just assumed it was the car's ecu that was making it say sync error, as other options work ok

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Does anybody live close to stoke on trent, really appreciate any hands on help I could get :(

·
13,368 Posts
Doubt you will find it anywhere, only the fake "latest version" 1.70, 1.90, 1.95, 1.99 etc.

But I have a secret stash - PM me if you get really stuck.

Reactions: andy_v

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi all, just an update. I have had the battery off and fully charged it to rule that out. I have since ran my new software/dongle from Koicarpkeep (Thanks)
when now running touch point adaption it goes through all steps but times out at stage "Move selector to A position" due to the repeated engaging and disengaging of the clutch, the new software has also picked up another fault code

P1708 - Clutch Hydraulic (08) - Not present

Really stumped as to what try next, becoming a bit of an headache! I have attached all the detailed data from op com, if anybody can spot anything it would be a massive help at the moment.

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If I'm honest, a point as come where if anybody was willing to come and fix it i'd pay them, struggling with this as only worked on manuals before :(

·
Premium Member
14,210 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks Andy, really stuck at moment so will try anything, will jack the car up today and see what happens. sounds daft but hopefully.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just taken the whole actuator off, the bar is complete :( just a quick one the black part you have listed upon taking it off it un-clipped from the bar,
when pushing the black part back on it's not even close enough to clip back on to the bar (if that makes sense) and freely moves in and out of the chamber, should it be spring loaded or is it just hydraulic pressure that pushes it back?

Thanks

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
There was a lot of black crud in the old dot 4 I took out, there was also a rim in the filling tank of what looks like black paste? no obvious leaks under the car though.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts