Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
since ive had my cav it the drivers seat frame would click and was a bit of movement but now seems alot more and just checked it need a new adjustable frame! bugger.
 
C

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Every cav I've had from C reg to L needed the driver's seat modifying.
On driver's side, the adjuster locater thing that holds the adjustment in place, one of the forks wasn't angled. Seats would never locate properly. That's 8 cavs I've had like that.
Could that be helpful, or is yours something else you reckon?
:Cool2:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
31,460 Posts
As mentioned above, the fork lever that slots into the square holes in the seat rail can cause problems, but can be reworked with a small hammer. I used to make car seat bases, including the rails (ADA will know this too im sure he worked there at one point) and another possible problems you may experience is the bearings in the sliders/rails, if you lose one of these, it would result in unwanted movement in the seat.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,195 Posts
C3MKY said:
As mentioned above, the fork lever that slots into the square holes in the seat rail can cause problems, but can be reworked with a small hammer. I used to make car seat bases, including the rails (ADA will know this too im sure he worked there at one point) and another possible problems you may experience is the bearings in the sliders/rails, if you lose one of these, it would result in unwanted movement in the seat.

vauxhall ones shouldnt be too bad.

they werent made by who i worked for. lol

but seriously, have to concur with mick.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
31,460 Posts
ADA-V said:
vauxhall ones shouldnt be too bad.

they werent made by who i worked for. lol

but seriously, have to concur with mick.
It was Johnsons Ade, i think the seats were for Rover iirc.? Same setup though, the seat rails that is.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
14,579 Posts
Interesting point about the bearings....

Ive just swapped my rails today for another pair as the passenger left rail had play in it and the seat used to rattle up and down at the back when going over bumps and it used to annoy the hell out of me, seems better now
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
31,460 Posts
Andy M said:
Interesting point about the bearings....

Ive just swapped my rails today for another pair as the passenger left rail had play in it and the seat used to rattle up and down at the back when going over bumps and it used to annoy the hell out of me, seems better now
From what you described there, that sounds just like a lost/crushed bearing/s.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
31,460 Posts
Andy M said:
How do the bearings fall out Micky?
I would imagine they would yes, over a long time when the grease has dried up, theres going to be friction and wear, the bearings will wear, and get smaller over a long period, resulting in them falling out, theres other ways they can fall out too. If the seat has been removed etc, and say dropped, or if the seat has been constantly slid right back HARD against it stopper several times, this will cause damage too, resulting in a slightly kinked slide, which you would feel as restriction of sliding the seat, it would feel jammed in this case. Then theres the wire which is connected up to the adjuster pull handle, if this wire has been fouled in anyway, or bent, it may not complete it job when pulled, leaving the adjuster fork as mentioned above half in the adjuster holes in the rail, also resulting as a jammed slider.

Thats it, i wont go on, im even sounding more of a anorak now:lmao:
 

·
Missing the Booooossst!!!! :-(
Joined
·
8,709 Posts
C3MKY said:
and another possible problems you may experience is the bearings in the sliders/rails, if you lose one of these, it would result in unwanted movement in the seat.
:eh

I found a bearing in my footwell the other day and thought... How the feck that get there! :think

Rollox!

Now I know! :rolleyes: :shame: :bust:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
anyone near me got one kicking aroung for freebie?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
31,460 Posts
Andy M said:
Hmmm never noticed any bearings maybe it was just worn

You never hoover you cav out ? ;) They are small, and bound to of been sucked up into oblivion by now mucker:lmao:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
31,460 Posts
stuboy said:
anyone near me got one kicking aroung for freebie?

I have a couple of rails spare, but would cost you postage.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
may have to pop to breakers yard next week.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top