Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I replaced my SDM unit with a second hand one. Was the wrong model number. - The original unit got too well acquainted with a coffee and died...

Got another one, with the correct number (checked against my VIN with both the seller and an Opel main dealer, both said the model would be compatible) - Seller also said it would be working -Came from a car that had engine failure as opposed to a crash

Plug it all in, bolt it down, plug OPCOM in and I get 0 data from the SDM module. I can connect to the CIM and the REC just fine, and get codes relating to "No communication with SDM" and "VIN Not Programmed - Intermittent"

I can't program the VIN onto the module though? Because I have no communication with it, and have all the options grayed out when I select it.

Module check shows the SDM as "Not Present"

Have checked all connections, they're all good and tight, has a good earth and the module is well bolted down.

Checked the REC and the main fuse board and nothing seems to be blown or broken.

I need this airbag light gone, can anyone help?

Thanks all.

·
Premium Member
15,604 Posts
Ok, so fuse is FR5 in the REC, this goes to the SDM module plug XC18 Terminal 15, you should also get ignition voltage at Terminal 29.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, so fuse is FR5 in the REC, this goes to the SDM module plug XC18 Terminal 15, you should also get ignition voltage at Terminal 29.
Am I right in saying that's the 7.5 amp fuse?

Oh and the ground is in the same plug, Terminal 16 Orange/Brown wire.
Not sure what you mean there, there are 3 large plugs going into the REC, could you show me what you mean by the terminals? Is it just where the fuses go in?

The ones you mentioned are for the driver's seat occupancy sensor and then ignition live in the cig lighter fuse location? Is that correct?

·
Premium Member
15,604 Posts
The plug XC18 is in the SDM not the REC, you need to check you have power and ground at those terminals/pins whatever you want to call them, they are terminals in the plug, depending on what module you have ( Single or Multi stage) will depend on plug colour to id which plug XC18 is on your SDM module.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The plug XC18 is in the SDM not the REC, you need to check you have power and ground at those terminals/pins whatever you want to call them, they are terminals in the plug, depending on what module you have ( Single or Multi stage) will depend on plug colour to id which plug XC18 is on your SDM module.
I think the one in mine is a Multi stage TEMIC module. Same as in the Corsa D if I'm not mistaken.
I have a grey and a black plug going into the SDM module - Number is: 13 227 920

·
Premium Member
15,604 Posts
So, depending on your car type, 3 door is a Brown/Yellow plug, 5 door is Gray/Yellow plug, either way its the plug thats closest to the passenger side of the vehicle.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Okay, so the passenger side one on mine is the grey plug, I'll head out tomorrow and see and reply

I appreciate the help!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So, depending on your car type, 3 door is a Brown/Yellow plug, 5 door is Gray/Yellow plug, either way its the plug thats closest to the passenger side of the vehicle.
So I replaced the fuse and now have comms with the SDM module, the module is locked and can't be programmed, but the car is throwing a code for

B0023-04 Passenger Curtain airbag squib circuit open - Intermittent

When I clear the airbag light goes for a few seconds then throws the code again

·
Premium Member
15,604 Posts
Well the curtain bags run above the doors so will be hidden behind the headlining, the connector is usually at the back on the 'C' pillar behind the plastic trim.

·
Premium Member
15,604 Posts
Here you go, its shown as just above the rear REC, marked with the red square,.....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Here you go, its shown as just above the rear REC, marked with the red square,.....
View attachment 99208
Right, so I unplugged them, replugged etc.

Car has 2 DTCs, driver's stage 2 squib open circuit and passenger curtain squib open circuit.

I created a fault to try rule the module out by unplugging the seat, turned on warnings for driver's side airbag and driver pretensioners open circuit

Plugged it back in and cleared the faults, they cleared fine. So it's looking like a physical airbag issue now...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts