Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any ideas on how to access and potentially clean out the pipes on a Meriva B (2011) SE ?

Since we bought it the drivers side has been a bit of a dribble but i got round it by angling the the passenger side jet to hit the middle of the screen which was fine.

Now the drivers side has pretty much stopped working other than a dribble but the passengers side is fine

It all seems to be built into a block which is enclosed and attached to the bonnet so no obvious way like on other cars to get to the pipe.

Any tips, guides or ideas greatly appreaciated

·
Super Moderator
26,851 Posts
Have you tried cleaning out the nozzle ?

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Yes as said above, personally during the summer months i put plain water in my washer bottle, it cleans the system out when it get full of soapy stuff, but well i think you might have to take the bottle off if its easy give it a wash out, i dont know what your washer jets are like but what i used to do is pull the pipes off the jets, then poke a piece of wire through the hole then blow through it with compressed air, if you leave pipes on it will just blow the crap back up the hose to do the same thing on the next push of the switch, while the hoses are off press the switch and flush the hoses out....Fred in Essex.

·
13,687 Posts
I always use ready mixed washer fluid. £1.49 for 5 litres in Home Bargains.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys

No idea why i didn't get the messages to my email or i would have replied sooner - better check my settings

The spray air down the nozzle seems to have done the trick for now at least. Sprayed some air down it and its been working since. Hardwater area as well so i'm hoping it was that and broke up a bit being pushed down the nozzle and back up

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.