Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Thought I'd share a post with you from over on the Electrical etc.. Forum-

"Well the 2006 disk has arrived (From e-bay) and wow... Post Code entry. It even has my street which might sound stupid but it is on a fairly new development and it has it!!

Now obviously if anyone out there has an old Philips CARIN system I couldn't possibly copy the disk for them because this would be Illegal!!;)

:bust: .

Cheers

Mel

·
Premium Member
805 Posts
Have tried copied disks in the CARiN system and it rejected them everytime... This was only to trial!

NavTEQ 2006 discs, £35 from eBay from a german seller, bargain!

Oh and don't buy C-IQ for the CARiN, it wont work!!

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Just a thought - does anyone know if a SatNav from a German car will work in English? If there a Deutsch/Englander button somewhere? This question also applys to the info functions i.e. the various MID warning messages etc. Should be easyer to find one in Germany.

·
Premium Member
805 Posts
Think sat/nav has a language CD that must be used to upload different language sets to the CARiN system...

Not sure on the MID

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
sophos9 said:
Think sat/nav has a language CD that must be used to upload different language sets to the CARiN system...

Not sure on the MID
Well on the colour system the 'Infotainment' also shows the MID info - if the unit came from a german car I suspect everything will be in German, e.g. 'Achtung, oeldruck' etc? I don't think this is affected by the SatNav CD.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts