Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Touring in my vivario 2.0 campervan. We have broken down the clutch has gone pissing fluid out the bell case. The garage has quoted 2500 euros to fix馃槙do we have any contacts down this way.... Please help in anyway possible they are talking value and repet now which is alarming.

Premium Member
Check that the pipe coming out of the top of the gearbox has not separated at the elbow near the bleed nipple. This is fairly common and will give the same symptoms including fluid running down the gearbox and dripping at the bottom. It can be fixed in situ if you can get hold of some dot4 brake fluid, tubing and a syringe to bleed the system. I once broke down with this and had AA man tell me the cylinder was gone without checking this.

Worst case scenario you need the cylinder and clutch replaced. 2500 euro is sky high, I paid 拢500 for a replacement clutch and slave cylinder from a well known garage. I realise your options must be limited but can you get any other quotes?

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks all
Check that the pipe coming out of the top of the gearbox has not separated at the elbow near the bleed nipple. This is fairly common and will give the same symptoms including fluid running down the gearbox and dripping at the bottom. It can be fixed in situ if you can get hold of some dot4 brake fluid, tubing and a syringe to bleed the system. I once broke down with this and had AA man tell me the cylinder was gone without checking this.

Worst case scenario you need the cylinder and clutch replaced. 2500 euro is sky high, I paid 拢500 for a replacement clutch and slave cylinder from a well known garage. I realise your options must be limited but can you get any other quotes?
Thanks I'm going to the van tommorow to get clothes I will double check this. The fluid is coming out the lowest hole on the casing.... It just went no indication? I had just done 280km from lyon hardly any clutch work at all.. Thanks for the reply the family are heartbroken
@andy_v would this be better in the main vivaro forum where it might get more attention?
[

1 - 4 of 4 Posts