Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Morris the Bullet Dodger
4,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

Just started the process of stripping and cleaning the bodywork starting with the boot
have taken all the liners and boot material out and there is a few patches here and there

what I was going to do is treat all the rust with rust killer then give it a coat of hammerite - wont be visable once the liners are back in place

any problems with doing this ?

Boot also damp, the sound proofing with the foam backing was soaking wet, previous owner had a new rear window & seal installed a few months ago and the seal may not be 100 percent but cant find it at the moment

·
VxOn's Nissan Advocate
1,324 Posts
i would try and find why the boot was wet first, you do not want to make it water tight, only to hold water, and then rly rust. check - aerial, boot seal, rear lights, quarter windows, the wiring harness for the heated rear window etc.

·
Morris the Bullet Dodger
4,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
been tipping water over it all day, I had a set or new rear qtrs to collect but forgot them - the ones on the car have a couple of bubbles so that may be the source but I cannot see a trail if rust from that height

·
VxOn's Nissan Advocate
1,324 Posts
adymorris said:
been tipping water over it all day, I had a set or new rear qtrs to collect but forgot them - the ones on the car have a couple of bubbles so that may be the source but I cannot see a trail if rust from that height
dont buy new ones just dilicone seal the ones that are there, where is the water actually colecting?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts