Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right you have possibly read the 'reports' from the benders who thought the recently organised VxON Northampton trip was a one morning thing, but it was more than that, a lot more for the few hard core!

Firstly i doff my cap to Mark and Alex who with me were the only ones who made the night before, the RR event, the Hungry horse and AGM that followed!

Secondly thanks to Nick for making the correct decision, imho, of a club RR and choosing a great location

Thirdly to the bouncer who told us to go to the one by the Jesus center as the other one is a rip off!!

Right so my weekend started with a trip to Northampton, the plan being to meet Alex around 730pm and have a couple of beers, thus saving an early start Saturday and getting a decent nights sleep. However due to a binned meeting i arrived in Northampton around 130pm. So i found the gloriously refitted and re-painted £29/ night bargin Travelodge and had a wander round to re-aquaint myself with a town i have not been drinking in since 2006, you'll be pleased to know nothing much has changed and there were no 4ish year olds that looked anything like me.

Due to Alex working with benders he didn't arrive until nearly 9pm, quick change and off to the O'Neils. As Mark had decided to de-gay himself on the promise of boobies he joined us for a couple of beers, some food and the new found sport of 'being stared out by the barmaid at all times'. As a novice Mark lost.

By about 11pm the band in the pub had gone really sh!te and Mark really wanted boobies so with the help of Google, Google maps and a bouncer we found Urban Tiger. Alex narrowly escaped having to rob a tramp for some shoes but, suprisingly, we were allowed in.

The next few hours were spent drinking and discussing if you would 'do' the attractive dancer on the stage with and equally attractive dancer sitting next to you ( think the general concensus was yes, but your t!ts are better), being asked if you wanted to do some photo copying (i think now she actually might have had some actual photocopying she wanted done), asked if you were coming and not seeing the comedy factor of the 'ive been trying not to all night' reply, laughing at the 4ft 11 stripper without her heels on standing next to a 6ft+ Alex and paying a bloke £2 to have a pee, or not as the case maybe (Mark)!

By around 2pm Mark decided the £100 for 30 mins was more than his bank balance and heart could take so it was down to me and Alex as a last man standing. A few pints later and Alex wanted to call time so it was back to the travelodge, where we needed our wellies as it was knee deep in clunge.

3 hrs later (so much for the decent nights sleep) the alarm went off and it was time to go to Jamsport. As it was only 10 mins away an 815am start would mean we could get to the golden arches and still make it before the 9am kick off.

45mins later after following Alex 'i don't have a sat nav with me' we arrived, McD less!!

Quick hello, bagged some totty and off we went again. As Trish wasn't up for it we went to McD's!

On our return (Trish still wasn't up for it) the first car hit the rollers. A very slick and organised procession of cars on and off the rollers followed.

Matt's nipples nearly had someones eye out but hefty eye protection avoided a near diaster.

Dest turned up in his fairground ride Noddy car and was taking punters for trips round the bay (never did ask where Sassy was on Saturday, guess she must have been shoe shopping or something)

All the cars seem to do what was expected apart from a couple.

Morph's Cav Turbo made it from its parking space, on to the rollers, into a photo shoot and back to its parking space without breaking down. A massive shock to all. It was going to be marked as the longest journey its made without having to lift the bonnet, untill it was noted the bonnet was lifted for the RR run! :D

Mark's 390bhp Nova (he's got a bit of paper saying it had 390bhp so don't question it bitches) must have knocked the rollers out as when Dave followed it on, his diesel came back with a simply quite ludicrus result.

WBC came back after seeing his SAS mates (we think he actually went shopping with his nan) and blew everyone away to win the day.

Some trophys were presented, pictures will follow.

After a bit of banter we decided to go bowling.

By now the 25(??) were reduced to 11. However the sight of 1,000 under 5's congering across the bowling alley was enough to put us all of so it was off to the hungry horse for some food. After the food we spent a while discussing quantum physics and the benifits of centrifgual over roots superchargers, then the 11 became the magnificent 7

Off to the AGM, 'as the hotel was only 2 miles away we should be there in 10 mins' was heard. 30 mins, 2 u-turns and a trip round the same roundabout twice we finally found the hotel.

The AGM was actually a very good forum for Nick and Mark to put across some ideas and i'm sure they were happy with the feedback from the attendees as to where we go to move the club forward.

The main outcome being the club is buying me and Alex a Monaro each and Marks expenses for the previous night were signed off.

By 6pm the AGM was over and it was time to head home, most of my journey was in a convoy with Alex and Si down the M1, waving at Nick (for the 2nd time) as he was being overtaken by everyone including Miss Daisy.

Fairly uneventfull drive apart from jct 11 where they had closed the road and it looked like we were going to have to go 'up and over' luckily i noticed the Police car moved so it was toe down and break for the border :D

Finally home around 8pm, bed by 11pm then up at 7am Sunday to sail in gale force winds, but thats another story!

So again thanks to Alex and Mark, its been emotional and epic as always.

Thanks to Nick and also all those that made the effort, its all you who make these days out what they are!!

Heres to the next one :lmao:

·
Because...Race Car!
19,083 Posts
That had me in stitches, I honestly can't wait until we do it again and may sell the Nova to fund it..LOL

With a proven 390bhp it must be worth a lot..........

·
Rascal
12,813 Posts
Yes.... that was quite an entertaining evening the night before! And little Rebecca at 4ft 11 and me at 6ft 5 made the perfect stripper/punter combo...

More on the Monaro soon now that the accounts have been ratified...

·
Back in the saddle... with a big feck off van.
1,972 Posts
Wish I could have gone, but let's face it a 1.2 carbed Nova wouldn't have performed that well against the likes of the WBC Mobile.

·
Whatever!!!!!!
6,482 Posts
Ohhh come on...............

Its not all about winning now is it :p

·
oooooooppps's .... :)
1,659 Posts
lol good to see you again Phil :Cool2:

"note to self, must remember nipple plasters for vxon event's with phill there"

·
Premium Member
3,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wish I could have gone, but let's face it a 1.2 carbed Nova wouldn't have performed that well against the likes of the WBC Mobile.
With a 79bhp van up to a 260bhp Cavalier on there there really is no power snobbery when we are around the rolling road

lol good to see you again Phil :Cool2:

"note to self, must remember nipple plasters for vxon event's with phill there"
They had better be big plasters, more like eye pads :lmao:

·
Yawn.
2016 Focus ST-3 & 2021 Hyundai i20N
13,809 Posts
With a 79bhp van up to a 260bhp Cavalier on there there really is no power snobbery when we are around the rolling road
Apart from when a defector turns up and sits in the upper ranks of the day with a stinking diesel... :lmao:

·
Yawn.
2016 Focus ST-3 & 2021 Hyundai i20N
13,809 Posts
Still you all had your engines in the wrong way around...

I think yours was wrong - there was conformity with everyone else bar yours, so yours must be the one they got the apprentice to put together... :lmao:

·
Rascal
12,813 Posts
I think yours was wrong - there was conformity with everyone else bar yours, so yours must be the one they got the apprentice to put together... :lmao:
But 4 of my 5 cars have the engine this way round.... that's 80% in my book....

·
Been here forever...
3,985 Posts
Love it...

Agree with the RR day being a good call. Thoroughly enjoyed it to be honest and still struggle to remember everyone's names or even match faces to them!

Ian.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts