Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Rascal
12,813 Posts
Are you sure that was me? I don't remember being overtaken by any lorries, especially as I was driving fairly fast on the way back.
Hmm might have been a van.. you were driving the inside lane, we were on the outside lane but I only noticed that it was you after I got past as the lorry/van was blocking the view I would have had from behind

·
Premium Member
10,875 Posts
Are you sure that was me? I don't remember being overtaken by any lorries, especially as I was driving fairly fast on the way back.
Polish lorry......? ;)

Was a good day! Good to see you again and thanks for your efforts. :up:

·
CavWeb's Oldguy
4,816 Posts
Well, having sorted out the Calibra's misfire, the plugs in it were gapped at well over 1mm, I am off to Jamsport tomorrow to re-run it (at a wee bit more than £5 I might add) to see just what the output is. I am really curious as it is a lot quicker than anything with 4 wheels on that I have driven before.

·
CavWeb's Oldguy
4,816 Posts
Just got back from Jamsport with what could be described as a big grin :)

Two clean runs with fuel/air checked OK after spray glueing the tyres (215 wide Eagle F1) due to wheelspin.

Achieved 277BHP and 333 lbft.

Well chuffed, that is apart from kicking myself that I should have changed the plugs on Friday!!!!!!!

Narrow win there Sy :)

·
Premium Member
10,875 Posts
Good figures!

Any comments from Jamie...?
That's interesting, he put the A/F gauge on for a 'full-paying' diagnostic run. Suppose that's the difference between that and a straight shoot-out. Do you mind if I ask how much it cost?

·
CavWeb's Oldguy
4,816 Posts
Thanks folks.

Jamie's main comment was 'it must pull like a train' and he seemed pretty happy with it. I have compared it with the standard Calibra Turbo I ran last time (197/214) and the new one hits that one's peak torque at 2600 and goes in a straight line to 333/3700. 50% more torque in 1000rpm, no wonder it feels quick :)

It cost £50 making the Club deal a fantastic bargain. Roll on the next one for my Cavalier.

·
Been here forever...
3,985 Posts
Aww shame... I quite enjoyed the black soot explosion last Saturday, had to check you weren't running on diesel. ;)

Glad it's fixed though, I could see the disappointment on your face when it should have done so much better.

Ian.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts