Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Yawn.
2016 Focus ST-3 & 2021 Hyundai i20N
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Well I had an absolutley s*** day yesterday. Just before my exit on the M6 there was a noise on my engine and the temp guage shot up. I turned off and pulled into a layby, my aux belt had split and got tangled up. So no water pump hence engine overheating. Also no power steering and alternator wasn't charging the battery. SatNav said I only had 3.7 miles until JamSport. I had been driving 3 hours and it decided to go last minute. I noticed a few members passing while I had my bonnet up but no one stopped to help. My car is still in Northampton, in a garage getting a new belt put on, I'm getting the train to pick it up tomorrow. You have no idea how upset and annoyed I am. I spent a lot on it the last week getting it ready, and fuel 3 hours there and 3 hours back, and nothing to show for it :(

This is crap luck!

What time were you stranded? And where?

I'm sure if anyone was aware of it, they would have stopped!

I must say I didn't see any breakdowns, but I was coming from a different direction i'd imagine (from the SW)...

·
Premium Member
10,875 Posts
Well I had an absolutley s*** day yesterday. Just before my exit on the M6 there was a noise on my engine and the temp guage shot up. I turned off and pulled into a layby, my aux belt had split and got tangled up. So no water pump hence engine overheating. Also no power steering and alternator wasn't charging the battery. SatNav said I only had 3.7 miles until JamSport. I had been driving 3 hours and it decided to go last minute. I noticed a few members passing while I had my bonnet up but no one stopped to help. My car is still in Northampton, in a garage getting a new belt put on, I'm getting the train to pick it up tomorrow. You have no idea how upset and annoyed I am. I spent a lot on it the last week getting it ready, and fuel 3 hours there and 3 hours back, and nothing to show for it :(
Ahhhh, funk! I nearly forgot about this..... I did spot a black/grey Vauxhall (Vectra I think) with the bonnet up in a layby.... Just off the slip road of the M1 was it...?
Sorry I didn't pull in, to be honest I didn't recognise the car at all and by the time I saw it I was already doing about 50-60, there was no way I'd've been able to safely stop and find out who you were!

·
Been here forever...
3,985 Posts
I didn't see you... what rotten luck. :(

If nothing else you should have called Jam Sport, any one of us would have been willing to go to a nearby factors and pick up a new belt, what with it being Saturday morning and all that. I even had my tools in the boot too!

Ian.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Yeah it was just one of those really bad luck things :( the garage it's at said the tensioner had gone too. I'm on the train now on the way to pick it up. I just hope the engine hasn't been damaged, the header tank was dry when I opened the bonnet so there's only really a couple of places it could have gone. My car already had blue smoke on start up, none when it was going though. Fingers crossed. Still gutted I didn't make it :(

·
Premium Member
2,267 Posts
I'll be having a squizz at that video this evening. Good to see that the Vectra's back in action, fella.

·
Whatever!!!!!!
6,482 Posts
Aye,, Didnt see anyone stranded either....

But hope it gets you home this afternoon ;)

21 - 28 of 28 Posts