Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to install a roof vent in the Vivaro, a Fiamma Roof vent crystal turbo. On the website it looks like the height of the vent above the surface of the van is around 9cm. I Need to get some roof bars for the surfboards to go on and need the bars to be useable and so the top face of the roof bars needs to be just higher than this 9cm. What is the typical height of roof bars and which are a good set to go for. I do not need a full roof rack and so would be looking to go for either a 2 bar or 3 bar solution. I Plan on having the vent on one side, probably close to the back doors as i will have a small openable window on the panel behind the drivers door.

Thanks in advance for any replies

·
Registered
245 Posts
Good luck with this. I am just commenting on the fan. I have one. They are crap. The fan fouls the mesh.
The fan motor support is very flimsy.
It is noisy in the extreme with only one speed which is light speed.
IMHO it is unusable because of the noise and the motor turbo bit is a waste of time. All I do ever is use the vent.
Sorry to burst your bubble.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Good luck with this. I am just commenting on the fan. I have one. They are crap. The fan fouls the mesh.
The fan motor support is very flimsy.
It is noisy in the extreme with only one speed which is light speed.
IMHO it is unusable because of the noise and the motor turbo bit is a waste of time. All I do ever is use the vent.
Sorry to burst your bubble.
I agree to a point about the fan, but if it's fouling you should be able to wiggle the motor so it doesn't...least wise I was able too. Have to say though, I can't imagine using it without a adding a variable fan speed adjuster, as you say at one speed it's just to noisy, the add on made it brilliant, I vape a lot, so having the fan is great, running it at low speed makes it much quieter, and uses less power, why they don't sell them with one is beyond me. There cheap and easy to fit, think you'll find a few videos on YouTube

·
Registered
245 Posts
Spent an hour on it. The whole fan bracket is flimsy. It’s okay for the short period and then it sags again. Gave up.

It does need a variable speed adjuster. I didn’t know they did one. I think it may be a different make.
Any details would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

·
Registered
14 Posts
Spent an hour on it. The whole fan bracket is flimsy. It’s okay for the short period and then it sags again. Gave up.

It does need a variable speed adjuster. I didn’t know they did one. I think it may be a different make.
Any details would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
I used something like this....you want one with a dial rather than a switch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts