Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody know the part number for the rocker cover gaskets on a 1996 2.0l cdx cavalier. i seem to have a very minor leak from somewhere and have been advised it may be this. it seems to smell slightly of burnt oil so i think it may be dripping onto exhaust, but it doesnt actually seem to be burning or losing much oil at all.
Any help much appreciated:bust:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Please don't quote me on this as I'm only 80% positive of it but, I do believe it cant be a 1996 cavalier because they stopped making them in 1995 (big mistake for vauxhall in my opinion), maybe your looking for the wrong part number because your looking for the wrong year?

·
Registered
147 Posts
you'll just need the engine type (e.g. if it's a 2ltr ecotec then likely to be x20xev)
then go to any motorfactors.
I recently got a Unipart one and that was a really good fit for 15 quid.
your probably looking at double price from main dealer.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for help on this it is a 2.0l ecotech so i shall go to my local spares dealer and check it out. its definately a 1996 model so hopefully i will get it today and fix it at the weekend

·
Registered
147 Posts
forgot to say that you may as well replace the 10 "o" rings at the same time. these are on the underneath of the cover around the bolt holes, expecially if any have leaked up around any of the bolt holes.
these are a main dealer part only, cost 10p each.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.