Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
8v Power!
10,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this normal?

I accelerate up to 50, very little discomfort, acclerating past 50 up to 60 and there is a little tapping and steering becomes a little bumpy. Gear stick also begins to move / shake. Pedals rattle a little and I feel resistance on the accelerator.

Is this a broken engine mount? Or something more serious?

·
Registered
9,487 Posts
not sure about the tapping but the rest of it could probably be associated with having incorrectly balanced wheels.

if the wheels shake then it would cause the engine/gbox to shake as well which could cause the gearstick to shake.

could be a mount though

·
8v Power!
10,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
right, its going back saturday for wheel balancing again...

·
Registered
9,487 Posts
so you've recently had the front wheels balanced?

well, they've done a poor job of it or there is something fundamentally wrong with the wishbone/suspension setup.

·
8v Power!
10,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Going to check the wishbones / arbs and such.

D

·
0 Posts
Have a good look at the tyres. My car shakes a bit at certain speeds, and I've had the wheels balanced, new tyres, tracking, suspension checked, new brakes etc.

It turns out one of my new (cheap and nasty) tyres has a slight crease in it. I know its that because the car also pulls slightly to the side where this tyre is. When I swapped the two front wheels in an experiment, it pulled the other way, ie always towards the creased tyre.

·
8v Power!
10,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
will look into that - thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts