Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone subscribe to Road Angel updates?

my girlfriend has just had a extremely premature babe boy 3 months early, and he and her were rushed to Hope Hospital in Manchester, and as we are from Workington Cumbria its a 3hour drive.

my mate has lent me his Road Angel as im going to be back n forward to manchester for atleast the next 2month, but it hasn't been updated for 6month and his subscription has ran out and he isnt subscribing anymore as he never uses it.

as this is not mine i dont know much about them, but i do know it costs £99 to subcribe for 12month so it can be updated.

so getting to the point.

what i was woundering was is it possible to use someone else's subscription to update this 1?

cheers every1 :D

·
VXON's middle-aged lesbian.
28,829 Posts
I have a Road Angel,..............but know fook all about it TBH :lmao:

Good luck with baby :)

·
Premium Member
31,467 Posts
ciderman2002 said:
anyone subscribe to Road Angel updates?

my girlfriend has just had a extremely premature babe boy 3 months early, and he and her were rushed to Hope Hospital in Manchester, and as we are from Workington Cumbria its a 3hour drive.

my mate has lent me his Road Angel as im going to be back n forward to manchester for atleast the next 2month, but it hasn't been updated for 6month and his subscription has ran out and he isnt subscribing anymore as he never uses it.

as this is not mine i dont know much about them, but i do know it costs £99 to subcribe for 12month so it can be updated.

so getting to the point.

what i was woundering was is it possible to use someone else's subscription to update this 1?

cheers every1 :D
I used to own one before upgrading my GPS to include safety cameras.

The £99. you mention is a one-off payment, this will cover you for life regarding updates, not just 12 months.

To update your RA, you only need to connect it up to your PC with the correct lead. Download the correct software from Road Angels website, and away you go, simple.

Not sure if we now have a In Car GPS/SatNav area yet or not, otherwise i would of said post this in there.

·
Registered
51 Posts
If its a New road angle, £99 is for 3 year updates, NOT life.
You can't use different peoples subscriptions for different RA's, they are registered on the serial number checksum, if you download the SW and try and uupdate the RA, it checks with the server and if the serial number isn't flagged in date then no updates.

Sorry!, and good luck with the little one.

http://www.blackspot.com/onlineshop/cart/subscription3.php

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it not the new 1, it the 1st road angel,
now called the classic road angel :rolleyes:

so can this 1 be updated anytime regardless of age as im sure he will have payed the £99 for the lifetime subscription

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
been intouch with my mate and surprisingly he hadn't payed £99 :shame:
but he said it cost £25 to update for 12 month which contradicts what the web site say, the web site says £49 for 12 month.

any way he said he would get intouch and update it for 12 month, and he offered me it £120, as he never uses it as he has the satnav now.

would you say £120 was a fair price for 1 of theses 2nd hand?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ciderman2002 said:
been intouch with my mate and surprisingly he hadn't payed £99 :shame:
but he said it cost £25 to update for 12 month which contradicts what the web site say, the web site says £49 for 12 month.

any way he said he would get intouch and update it for 12 month, and he offered me it £120, as he never uses it as he has the satnav now.

would you say £120 was a fair price for 1 of theses 2nd hand?
think ive just answered my own Question :rolleyes:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5878671691&fromMakeTrack=true

·
Premium Member
31,467 Posts
Yes, you paid too much. Usually available on eBay from £60-£80, even though these Classics are still available new for over £300:eh

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
could someone please clear something up for me here :eh

the link to ebay i posted 2 posts up, says RRP £399.95. NOW ONLY £89.95

but its been bid upto £140 and reserve still isnt met.

am i missing something here or WHAT??????

if reserve is higher than £140, what the hell are they advertising for £89.95 :cry:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts