Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Got a '11 insignia 1.8 SRI petrol. In the last week I have started noticing that when I accelerate to hard my revs go up but with no acceleration. It feels as if the clutch is engaged. If I accelerate slowly it goes as normal.

Its on about 77000 miles if that helps.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.
Jason

·
Premium Member
13,179 Posts
If you use an independent garage to change your clutch kit, I'd also recommend LUK. If you get the garage to supply and fit, they will then guarantee the whole job. Rather than you supplying the parts for them to fit.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Been a while, but got the clutch finally sorted out. If this helps anyone. I did not get a new clutch as soon as the symptoms became apparent, but drove until it got really bad (the moment you know you really need to to get it sorted out). It ended up costing me £650 +/- which included the flywheel (which does not need to be changed if it is still ok. Mine was damaged apparently).

·
Premium Member
13,179 Posts
Been a while, but got the clutch finally sorted out. If this helps anyone. I did not get a new clutch as soon as the symptoms became apparent, but drove until it got really bad (the moment you know you really need to to get it sorted out). It ended up costing me £650 +/- which included the flywheel (which does not need to be changed if it is still ok. Mine was damaged apparently).
Pleased you got sorted, I'd have changed the dmf anyway, if you are already on with changing the clutch kit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts