Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi again all.

I've just bought off ebay a set of 4 of those reversing sensor thingy's to hopefully stop the missus reversing my precious Vectra C into a wall or our garage. I've got to drill 4 holes in the top of the bumper which shouldn't be a problem but 2 questions please...

1. What's the best/easiest way to get the wires from the sensors into the boot without them noticing too much?

2. I've got to connect a wire (red) to the reversing light 'live' wire. Is this red as well & how easy is it?

Sorry for being a bit thick on this but it's a job for the weekend & I'd really appreciate any help!

C

·
0 Posts
1. Got plastic bungs in bottom of spare wheel well, sure one of them would sort you out.
2. Not sure, maybe can trace from reverse bulb to wiring to pick up the required live.

·
Qualified lego bricklayer
9,180 Posts
Be very carefull that you check and double check any wiring mods you do to your Vectra so that you don't end up damaging the CANBUS system.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cheers chaps...what's the canbus system? Is connecting this wire to the brake light live feed likely to cause me problems then? I'm beginning to wonder if this project is worth the hastle!!!

C

·
0 Posts
If it's an auto guess you could use the brake live, if manual reckon they might cut in and out??

·
Qualified lego bricklayer
9,180 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts