Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. My Zafira DTi has rear parking sensors which have been working fine until recent. Now when you put the gear in reverse it not only beeps once to say the parking sensors are activated but continues beeping for about 5/6 seconds. After which it will pick up false signals - even a car is across the road more than 7 metres away.

Is there an easy DIY fix for sensors? Can a faulty one (if it's one that is) be replaced or do you have to replace all?

Cheers

·
VxON Medical Adviser
1,283 Posts
i take it they are doing this fault all of the time regardless of where the car is? have u checked to see they are clean and aligned properly (not moved at all) check they are connected to box securely too. if all this is ok then disconnect them one at a time to determine which is faulty if still not working then maybe the box itself. probo best replacing the lot if remain faulty they are fairly cheap these days.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They do this all the time. I have managed to tape each one in turn and tried reversing against a car to determine which ones are faulty and think it is only one faulty sensor. It looks clean and doesn't move. Is it possible to replace just the one or will it have to be the lot?? I've not seen where the control box/module is so cannot check that. Will any new sensors be compatible with the existing module/box??

Thanks!!

·
VxON Medical Adviser
1,283 Posts
i take it you did not install these yourself?

·
VxON Medical Adviser
1,283 Posts
the control box should be situated in the access panel to rear lights as this is where the wiring is. what year is your zafira is it a new model?

·
VxON Medical Adviser
1,283 Posts
the access panel should look like this

this is how it looks in my 2007 zafira. follow the red wire in the pic and u will see it is attached to the control box. make sure all wires are plugged in ok. check to see if there is any make/model on the control box. if name on box then let me know. if not then your best bet is to by new sensors most only around £40 now. they are not hard to fit and at least all the drilling etc has been done.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My Zafira is 2003 model. I'll have a look in the morning as have only managed to find time to check emails now. Will let you know what I find tomorrow. Thank you!!

·
VxON Medical Adviser
1,283 Posts
will look out for your posts tomo to see if i can offer further assistance

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry didn't get a chance to look until about 10pm. Checked in the panel on the passenger side rear (boot) and there is a little module with the four sensor wires going into it. The brand on the module is Cobra 0158.

·
VxON Medical Adviser
1,283 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
All the wires seemed to be secure but will double-check during the day tomorrow to get better view. I've emailed them so will hopefully get a reply one way or the other this week. Thank you for ALL your help - it's really appreciated and wouldn't have known where to check without your help!!

·
VxON Medical Adviser
1,283 Posts
no problem sir, i do hope you meet a swift resolve over the issue. if you require any further information i shall of course be happy to assist.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.