Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!
Seems I joined and last posted here on this forum day 14 years ago - That's not a very good community member of me, is it?! :)

Anyways, quick question:
The reversing sensors and lights have stopped working on my 2011 Vivaro.

Is there a fuse for these things? I can't seem to see anything specific, so I'm guessing it is just the same as some other stuff. Everything else seems to work (except the indicators flash at random speeds) so I'm thinking I'm going to have to locate the reverse switch on the gearbox?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
Probably the switch on the gearbox. To make sure you can unplug it and bridge the pins on the plug to see if your lights/sensors come on. You'll need the ignition on for this to work.

It might just need a clean/ dried out. It sits in a place that gets hammered pretty bad with water and dirt.

·
Premium Member
1,049 Posts
Id go with the switch (my saab 93 had the same problem and so does my signum now 😂)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was possibly this - I fiddled around where I thought it was and think pushed some connector in which seemed loose and it started working again.. intermittently.
BUT I believe also that it's to do with a problem with the towbar wiring in that it thinks there's something plugged in when there isn't, which is why the indicators flash fast too.
If I pull out the connector at the back then they flash fine.
Unfortunately the same connector does other things so can't just leave it disconnected, and I need to sort it for the annual test.

Does anyone happen to have a wiring diagram of that area so I can possibly just cut the right wire that's likely causing the problem?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For reference, it was the orange wire!

Found it by cutting them, one by one- This was the last one!
First one I cut was purple, which turned out to be the reversing lights, prettymuch the only one I actually needed.
I don't think I'd be good at bomb disposal

1 - 5 of 5 Posts