Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, can someone help please. I'm having issues with my Vauxhall Movano, the reserve lights are not working everytime i engage into reverse gear. The fuse is fine. Is there a relay I need to check? What could be the problem please?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Can't imagine there would be a relay for such a low power application. You mention the horn not working too - did they both go at the same time? If so maybe an earth or a common connection?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can't imagine there would be a relay for such a low power application. You mention the horn not working too - did they both go at the same time? If so maybe an earth or a common connection?
Yes both the Horn and Reverse lights are not working, I just bought the van like that and now I need to get it fixed. I wouldn't know if they both went at the same time.

·
Premium Member
783 Posts
The plug going into the reverse switch on the gearbox has a tendency to fill with water and dirt. Cleaning this up is a good first move and whilst you are there you can test the rest of the system. When you have the plug out, bridge the pins with a paper clip or something, and turn the ignition on. If the lights come on the problem is in the switch, otherwise it's a fault in the wiring somewhere else.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The plug going into the reverse switch on the gearbox has a tendency to fill with water and dirt. Cleaning this up is a good first move and whilst you are there you can test the rest of the system. When you have the plug out, bridge the pins with a paper clip or something, and turn the ignition on. If the lights come on the problem is in the switch, otherwise it's a fault in the wiring somewhere else.
Thanks, I will try this and let you know. The only problem is, the reverse switch has 3 wires. I'm used to seeing ones with 2 wires. It's my first time seeing 3 wires so now I'm confused.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts