Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2008 Zafira B, when reversing I noticed the reverse lights weren't functioning.

I took out the passenger side light cluster and all bulbs are ok, but took the reverse light out and noticed the driver side reverse light came on. So I put the bulb back in, now neither reverse lights are on.

So I put the passenger side back together and took out the driver side cluster, again took out the reverse light bulb and the passenger side came on! Put the bulb back in and neither come on.

What on earth is happening :/

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Sounds like nightmare......i think you might have blown the fuse for the reverse lights...i would have a look at that and make sure your fitting the correct type bulbs...look at the connections on the bulb there are several different type....in these days of Body control modules and CAN bus anything can happen...Fred in Essex.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for replying.

The bulbs are the same ones that are in there since I have had the car, so about 6 months, if the fuse would have blown wouldn't the lights not come on at all? Thank you

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Yes your right if the fuse was gone they wouldn't work at all. I'm not sure on the circuit but if it goes the the BCM it might be worth doing what Fred above says, disconnect the battery for awhile. there is an old saying , you can miniaturize the watt, so all things be in equal there should be 12 volts with about at least 2 amps available there....so if you get a circuit tester, bulb type you should be able to turn them on and check for power at the bulb holders, you can also put the bulbs across the car batter with a jump wire and make sure they light....from Fred in Essex.

·
Worn Out Member
9,630 Posts
The reverse lamps are powered differently depending which type of fuse box the car has,is yours type A or B ?

Text Diagram Font Automotive lighting

·
Worn Out Member
9,630 Posts
In addition to the checks Fred suggested,the full REC set up the lamps share a common earth (on the n/s/r around the rear panel area)
so that's worth checking,the other things that may need checking are the REC for water ingress and the XR1 connection on the REC (see pic)

Text Diagram Line Design Map

·
Registered
3 Posts
Same problem here. I just change rec to install the alarm and from now if I drive the car 15-20 mins the reverse lights, rear camera and parking sensors doesn’t work. Any idea???

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.