Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I was wondering, if it would be possible to fit xenon to a pre-facelift Vectra B ?

Sometimes on eBay, it's possible to buy a complete "kit" with sensors, headlights and so on...

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
fitting the sensors isn't a big problem,the wiring is a bit fiddly though,i havn't done it,in fact i sold the sensors i got hold of as i really couldn't be bothered to wire them in to the mid as well

·
Premium Member
5,328 Posts
Sounds like i bigger job, than what I imagined. What's the xenon like on a VB ? It's not on all cars, it's worth the effort
just get the lights & dont bother with the sensors, had mine on without the sensors for the last 12 months & never had any problems.

·
97% Mechanic
6,644 Posts
Ive got a H7 Xenon kit in prefacelift headlights and i think they light up the road better than OE Xenons

They were better compared to my Bro in law's 51' VB CDX and he had upgraded the bulbs to 6000K. As said above though, you do get some light scatter but im working on this atm

·
Well-Known User.
4,290 Posts
Ive got a H7 Xenon kit in prefacelift headlights and i think they light up the road better than OE Xenons

As said above though, you do get some light scatter but im working on this atm

I 'aint been argumentative BUT, lighting up the road better just implies they are too bright, and the light scatter will be the bit that dazzles oncoming cars!!
:down:

·
97% Mechanic
6,644 Posts
It just makes up for the times when im following people with rear fog lights on and the people who insist in driving with dipped, main and front fogs illuminated.

I forgot to add, they do have a pattern on the beam setter at work otherwise i wouldnt use them.

If you was to get a set, I'd get the H7R as they have a black mark painted on the bulb to minimise the scatter

·
Up For The Craic
11,054 Posts
ive got 6000K kit fitted Pete
How blue are they? I was looking at a set which were 4800K which were OK

It just makes up for the times when im following people with rear fog lights on and the people who insist in driving with dipped, main and front fogs illuminated.
Kind of know what you mean but 2 wrongs don't make a right :lmao:

·
97% Mechanic
6,644 Posts
How blue are they? I was looking at a set which were 4800K which were OK
I wouldnt say they are very blue, they look kind of purple in colour but when lighting the road up it white

Standard Xenons on a Vectra B are about 4300K

Atlantean said:
Kind of know what you mean but 2 wrongs don't make a right :lmao:
Yes it does :lmao:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.