Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

I've recently bought a Zafira 'B' which comes with the basic CD30 stereo. What I'd like to do is to remove this and replace with an aftermarket stereo so I can have full control over my iPod through the headunit.

My concern is that I don't want to lose the ability to change the time. I've trawled this forum looking for a definitive answer but have drawn a blank.

Does anyone know if there is any way of removing the CD30 and retaining the clock change functionality? Perhaps by an adaptor or a particular brand of headunit?

My plan was to remove the CD30 and install my old JVC headunit with a suitable JVC lead to control the iPod and adaptors to retain the use of the steering wheel controls.

Thanks in advance,

Ian

·
Qualified lego bricklayer
9,180 Posts
What I've read previously is that it's best to leave the multisocket somewhere easily accessable so that you can temp unplug the replacement stereo and temp plug back in the CD30. Somewhere near the glovebox for example so you can quickly remove it to change the clock twice a year.

·
VxON Medical Adviser
1,283 Posts
i removed my cd30 the other day (bored) noticed a wire not being use circular blue colored. i also know that their is a unused wire beside the 12v socket under handbrake (removed the plastic surround one day). i know that zafiras with mp3 stereos have the aux point in this exact place my theory is that this connection is for aux in point. but not sure about spare stereo wire. have posted both these findings previously but no response to them. any thoughts?

·
Registered
191 Posts
was wire all blue, or blue stripped??? as a blue/white stripped wire = amp a spare live that only turns on power thro the head unit, a all blue wire = electric areial (i think)

·
VxON Medical Adviser
1,283 Posts
no it had a blue cap and was circular with pins in it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.