Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I've got an 02 2.6CDX but the drivers side door handle (Unit with the elctric windows and door pull) is really scruffed up. The guy who had it before me used to get in with the keys in his hand when he pulled the door shut so a lot of the plastic is really chewed up. Question is how hard are these to replace and how likely is it I could get one from the breakers (and what's a good Omega breakers ? ) and what would it be called officially rather than how I've described it ?

Cheers

·
Registered
782 Posts
They are easy to change,

Remove the plastic trim behind the door handle that opens the door and you will find the first screw then remove the pull handle , The bit that you hold to pull the door shut, This must be pulled down then out as they are easy to break the clips from inside and you will see the 2nd screw.
Disconnect the electric window connector and remove the unit.

·
Premium Member
1,089 Posts
Hi there I would say its better described as a door handle section.

There is a how2 on removing the door panels on the Facelift models Click here this is the How2 By Hillper

Not 100% sure if the handles are a built into the doorcards them selves or if they are removable. someone will be able to comfirm.

Hope this Helps

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry for the delay in getting back and thanking you....I'm waiting to find a new unit and then I'll get the screwdriver out. Cheers

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
I'm fairly certain the pull is built into the doorcard, 'riveted' with plastic blobs.

You should be able to locate a doorcard from the scrappy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts