Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
just the inner and outer bolts to change the control arms mate,i wouldn't go driving the car around with a split/crack in one of the arms as they do split apart and your wheel will colapse in on it self.
this happened to a friend of mine

"so took it for a test drive this afternoon, and the back right hand wheel caved in,lucky i wasn't doing any speed or i might not be hear to tell this tale!!! lucky i was only reversing on to the drive.the rear lower arm thingy broke (hence rear wheel collapse)"

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
my mate just used a second hand arm,we chose a decent looking second hand one for him though,and to me they look interchangable,as in left and right look the same,i think top and bottom are too.

·
Registered
76 Posts
wonder why they crack repeatedly on vec b , maybe bad bush . dont remove lower nut it is held by clip will not move so remover bolt instead, upper needs to jack up sway bar away to remove bolt, then on assembly put a screwdriver in hole when match , then match other hole , then bolt in , l started with upper, then need to bend arm twist it to get it straight on holes at bottom and at same time jack up wheel brake part whatsitcalled to align holes so bolt will enter second opening. l could not screw bolt in nut with clip in place so l removed clip then bolt in or nut on it then clip one end in hole then over nut then bent it back in place other side. this is first in resuilts for control arm so l give advice to future lookers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.