Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i just got a astra 2.0 dti. i only got one key with it and my local vauxhall dealer has quoted me around 120 quid for another. is there anywhere else i can get one from cheaper or can i get one from a scrapyard and get it recoded?

·
Registered
52 Posts
spare Key

Hi, the way I got a spare key, was to get the button part from Ebay for about £10. Ordered the key blade from Vaux. dealer and fitted the parts together. Had then to get the key mated to the imobaliser using a tech 2 by the dealer. All told it cost me £57.00 Not cheap but cheaper than getting the whole key from the dealers.

·
Premium Member
6,377 Posts
sounds like your dealer is over quoting you,a key is £37.50,a remote is £24 and programming should be no more than £25 all plus vat so should be less than £100,as to getting second hand you are running to unforseen problems as the remotes are prone to break,there are 2 types and you must get the correct one,ie astra one will only work on a astra,alarm or not

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
240 Posts
Christ when I got a key from the dealers 18 months ago it only cost me £68 inc and that was for a Astra Coupe

I was talking to the parts bloke there a few weeks ago and he says the new style folding key is about £50 inc so it looks like different dealers have different prices

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.