Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

The Instrument Cluster for my 2012 Corsa D has died over the weekend while out driving (checked the fuse and the rear connector but the cluster is completely dead), I was wondering if there is anything that I need to look out for when purchasing a replacement one?

From some quick research I believe I just need to buy a similar one feature wise (120 mph) from roughly the same age Corsa that has been Tech 2 reset and that will have to be re-coded to match my mileage.

My Corsa currently starts with the old cluster disconnected, will the new one need to be programmed to let the car start when fitted? I do have the Car Pass.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
15,723 Posts
Ideally yes it would need programming,. the easiest way would be to swap the Eeprom chip from your old cluster to the new one, that way your mileage and any other settings will remain the same.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quick update, I've received the new cluster and plugged it in. It works and the car starts and runs fine but obviously the mileage is wrong on the new cluster. Am I right to believe that this can be sorted out by having someone with a Tech 2 to update the mileage on the cluster to what the mileage is for the car?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts