Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,430 Posts
Just read the start of my post and thought I sounded rude which I wasn’t trying too be

It’s only nuts and bolts,don’t be afraid!!
You weren't :ROFLMAO:
Yep those valves take a bit of sealing too at times, as I know when I took my previous Astra in to have the alloys changed. Went through 6 valve stems on 4 wheels, I provided them.

·
Don't be afraid it's only nuts and bolts
656 Posts
Ring Vauxhall’s they should let you know or get your local tyre place to break the bead and get the part number or eBay,what problems are you getting with them as the battery usually last 10-15 years depending on mileage

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought some new wheels and sold my old wheels and forgot to take sensors out so currently got no sensors but just bought these as someone said there ok

·
656 Posts
I’m not to sure if there Vauxhall’s but you can only try,these come out a 2016 Astra wheels
there quite cheap on eBay for the sensors and rubber valves but as I said I’d rather not have them as there a headache with them leaking,losing connection,battery dying,only have to go 1 psi under and the light comes on so as a rule if the pressure are 32psi we put 33 just to fool the sensors it doesn’t affect the tyres or driving,I’d get normal valves put in them and switch off the tpms with opcom ,ok if you do have a slow puncture it helps but if you have a blow out it isn’t going matter plus you run the risk of damaging the sensors which cost more in the long run

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
When the battery dies, does the display just go blank, or does the warning light come on?

·
656 Posts
That’s the ones and warning light will come on as I said go to your nearest tyre place and get them read and they’ll be able to tell you battery life

·
656 Posts
Are you local to Luton if you are pop in to supertyres Luton not the Dunstable one and il sort it for you

·
656 Posts
Just been informed by a colleague that them sensors you’ve already got might be able to be coded to the car

21 - 32 of 32 Posts