Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To remove the inlet manifold from my vectra 1.9 cdti sri 150. Does the cam belt need to be took off. Some say yes and no. Thinking of having a go of blanking my swirl flaps off my self. But how hard is it to remove the inlet manifold. Any tips and advice is appreciated. And does it require and special tools. Or would a advanced Halfords set do the job.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update. Decided to let a garage do the work just in case I [email protected]£&?d anything up. Used JNW motorsport. Cdti surgery in Doncaster and these guys are awesome know there stuff and a really decent price too. Took 3 hours max to change the manifold to welded one. And car runs like a purring kitten totally different on idle. Would highly recommend these.

·
Registered
74 Posts
This is what I am wanting to do. My car isn't drivable because the swirl flaps are leaking but I am not confident of doing a delete myself. What sort of price would I be looking at ? And I was thinking if they could come out and remove the inlet manifold (I live in North Yorks) ? Seen them on Facebook but would like to hear from you first if that's possible ?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is what I am wanting to do. My car isn't drivable because the swirl flaps are leaking but I am not confident of doing a delete myself. What sort of price would I be looking at ? And I was thinking if they could come out and remove the inlet manifold (I live in North Yorks) ? Seen them on Facebook but would like to hear from you first if that's possible ?
Take it to the cdti surgery in Doncaster buddy they charge £150 supplies and fitted mine was leaking and the flaps about falling out with them blanked it ran 100% smoother.
But still had the starting issue. Check your diesel filter mine was black. Changed that and now car starts first time
But yes cdti surgery. Jnw motorsport are too fellas know there stuff and are friendly

·
17,889 Posts
Could always do it the old fashioned way and ring them up and speak to a real, live person.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.