Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My omega is one of the first, the one that has the infrared remote control locking system. I am interested if I could use a standard remote control such as Casios remote control watch to 'learn' the signal. I see in the manual it says all I have to do is unlock the car, turn the ignition on halfway, holding the learning remote near the sensor unit.

My remote control watch has worked with other cars such as the Rover 820. I will let you guys know if it works today. I am going to try it out now..... :bananasmi

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Tried it with the watch

The Omega is a 1996 gls model, with remote control (infra-red)locking, not the radio control locking the new style cars have....

I tried programming my watch with the controller and that did not work, I have tested my watch with other cars such as the Rover 820 and it works fine, also tested with TVs', CD players etc and all fine. It picks up part of the signal, but not all of it. Perhaps the Omega Remote unit is coded or somthing? But that is suprising as it worked fine with the Rover. Hmm.

I think it might be a different type of infra-red signals, as the unit sensor is curved.

Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
Certain give it a go - but if the immobiliser is any good at all it should be running a rolling code. This means the command sent will be different each time and your watch will not know the sequence.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts