Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Git myself a 2.0 diesel GTC with a code P2033 which points at exhaust gas Ensor out of range from what I have read but the car sometimes loses power and then will come back when I got the car it had the dreaded dpf full so i managed to get it to regen itself and had a load of smoke out the back but I assume it’s still quite blocked have but a couple of dpf cleaner in the tank but I do have Vaud on which I need to dairy as it wont see the usb connection can I force a regen with that and will it work or am I better off getting a new dpf to save all the bother my daily work journey is 60 miles and it behaves fine on that but can’t/don’t know if it will clean itself on the run or not
Thanks

·
Worn Out Member
8,423 Posts
but I do have Vaud on which I need to dairy as it wont see the usb connection can I force a regen with that and will it work or am I better off getting a new dpf to save all the bother
wtf does all that mean ?
it's a good idea to check what's written before you post lol

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have little or no internet here in Paignton away so dont get time to check or can’t be arsed quick scan to see what’s underlined lol I hate stupid phones but basically is it/will a vauxcom force a regen on a dpf or as I have bought the car and intend running it back and forth to work approx 60 mile journey would I be better off getting a new/second hand dpf ?

·
16,186 Posts
Should be able to do it with Vauxcom provided there are no existing fault codes or anything else preventing it regenerating.

Reactions: Boroboy

·
Premium Member
2,547 Posts
Just to add some input, if you haven’t done already I would suggest new oil and filter soon as you can as if DPF was full as I would assume it’s has a few fails.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It only has the one code which is P2033 which seems to relate to exhaust gas sensor but I do think it’s more to do with the dpf it will clear that code with my cheap scanner but as yet not worked out why my vauxcom is not seeing the usb scanner have bought a second hand exhaust gas temp sensor to see if that helps only a cheap attempt to see if it helps have ordered oil as part of the service i do when i get a new car so thatson the list too
Thanks for help

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well have changed the sensor with a second hand one to see and so far it hs not gone in to limp mode but also not been for a longish run so let's hope (y)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So coming home from work today i noticed in the computer that the rear window demister had turned on but not the light for it, i think i read somewhere that when it is doing a regen it does power up the rear window defrost am i correct in thinking

·
16,186 Posts
Yes

1 - 9 of 9 Posts