Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my astra G turbo book in at Regal motorsprt for a phase 1 tune but a few people are saying thats a bad idea as they do more bad than good.

Should i or Shouldn't i???????????

G

·
Sorted my calibra out over 2 years ago. Has been running 20 psi ever since, and not once missed a beat.
Not cheap, but car has been perfect.
Little brother (20) has had it for a year, and races anything and everything in it.
Don't seem to get the bad press they used to.
May as well go straight for phase 2 if you're talking about the EDS.

·
Premium Member
17,488 Posts
a few recommend, a fair few dont. Have no personal experience but know a few people who have had experiences and they haven't been particularly great.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Regal said the phase 1 will be between 200bhp and 235bhp @ £480 which will also include different plugs, a airbox mod and filter.

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
Do Astra G's have EDS tuning stuff ?
yep think thats what they use,

Regal said the phase 1 will be between 200bhp and 235bhp @ £480 which will also include different plugs, a airbox mod and filter.
regal are pretty good for maps on the z20let from what ive read, but personally, £480 for a map that "could" be up to 245bhp, plugs which dont cost much at all and £20 worth of airbox mods is quite high,

a bit further to go but chippeduk will do the map for £275 and get good results, or VXRPerformance will do the same for less,

·
Premium Member
17,488 Posts
a bit further to go but chippeduk will do the map for £275 and get good results, or VXRPerformance will do the same for less,
Some interesting results on VVOC with ChippedUK. Flywheel power went up and Wheel power went down.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
where are these places? im in hampshire so regal is just down the road for me but willing to travel a little further

G

·
Ask Dunc about Jasons re-maps - he had it done !
Not good I take it?
Only seen good gains on bmw's from his work. Does many peoples bmw's after they've been mapped somewhere else, and gives gains over them.
Etc etc, but only seen evidence of his bmw work to be fair. :beer:

·
Premium Member
17,488 Posts
Not good I take it?
Only seen good gains on bmw's from his work. Does many peoples bmw's after they've been mapped somewhere else, and gives gains over them.
Etc etc, but only seen evidence of his bmw work to be fair. :beer:
I know he is not a favourite of Passion Fords users.
The power went up but the fuelling was rather too rich IIRC. Duncs car was then re-mapped by someone else properly on a rolling road etc and got a further 15bhp ontop of what CUK had managed. And in the old days CUK didnt have a RR to give the proven gain as such. Has been mentioned on here before aswell.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts