Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I was wondering which cavaliers came with the redtop engine C20XE.Do gsi's and sri's have this engine.Is there 8v sri's as well.I'm looking to buy a cavalier with a c20xe.What year did this engine finish in the cavalier.Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
5,763 Posts
GSIs and some SRIs- usually K or L reg

·
Premium Member
1,433 Posts
Yes they did sri 8vs, stopped them in about 92-93 some sris around that time had the XE in, some didnt. its hit and miss which did. All GSIs came with the XE they stopped making them in 92 i think

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hey carnage, Im only living 60 miles away from ya!!! All the GSi Cavs and some of the SRi Cavs had the C20XE....(GSi 89 on... SRi 93 to 95?? I could be wrong) They got the ecotec after that, not sure what year though. I had a 94 Vectra GT (Cav SRi) a few years ago.... 2.0 8v. Was still quick though.
I have a 93 Vectra at the moment that has full GSi running gear and kit.... it aint running right at the minute so its not for sale yet. I`ve spent about €5000 on it over the last 2 years (I wont bore everyone with all the details!!). Im driving an Omega 2.5 V6 now.....

By the way, my friend (soon to be bro-in-law) is selling his Astra GSi (with the C20XE again) if you know anyone interested....

If you get a Cav and need any second hand parts, ask me... I have loads of stuff. You might be lucky!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts