Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I recently bought a Corsa 2009 1.2 i active easytronic.

The car is driving fine and I haven’t noticed any problems, but when I turn the engine off the dashboard displays the red exclamation mark. And then when I open the door it will make a beeping noise. This is occurring regardless if the handbreak is up or down.

I can’t figure out why it is doing this. As soon as I restart the engine the light goes and any noises stop.

The breaks feel fine (and has a recent MOT) and the break fluid is full.

Any advice appreciated.
Thank you!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Where abouts are you? Maybe someone close who could plug you in for fuel/booze fund

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
14,534 Posts
I think it's related to your braking system. Take it to a good independent garage, not Halfords or Kwikfit or if you've recently bought it from a garage (within a month), take it back to them and ask them to fix it for free.

·
Super Moderator
26,360 Posts
It will make a beeping noise if your keys are still in the ignition & you have a door open.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It will make a beeping noise if your keys are still in the ignition & you have a door open.
Thanks for the help. However it appears to be making the beeping noises even after the keys are removed from the ignition.

I figure perhaps something to do with the handbreak sensor? Maybe the vehicle thinks the handbreak isn’t activated even though it is.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think it's related to your braking system. Take it to a good independent garage, not Halfords or Kwikfit or if you've recently bought it from a garage (within a month), take it back to them and ask them to fix it for free.
Thanks for the help. Yes recently bought from a garage so looks like I’ll have to take it back, just wanted to see if there was a simple fix that I might have been overlooking.

·
Super Moderator
26,360 Posts
Thanks for the help. However it appears to be making the beeping noises even after the keys are removed from the ignition.

I figure perhaps something to do with the handbreak sensor? Maybe the vehicle thinks the handbreak isn’t activated even though it is.
On the easytronic gearbox the the warning light will flash after turning ignition off.
Sounds like the car thinks the handbrake is applied when it should be off hence the warning & the beeping sounds.

·
Premium Member
14,534 Posts
Thanks for the help. Yes recently bought from a garage so looks like I’ll have to take it back, just wanted to see if there was a simple fix that I might have been overlooking.
Have you tried moving the handbrake when the light comes on? I'd let the garage fix the issue.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Have you tried moving the handbrake when the light comes on? I'd let the garage fix the issue.
Have tried that, doesn’t change anything.

So interestingly I rang the garage I bought it from, and they asked me to send them a video. I sent them the video, and they’ve told me that there is no issue and that that light and noise are supposed to occur.

His explanation was that the light is simply to signify that you need to have your foot on the break when you start the ignition. And the beeping noise is standard and is just a reminder to lock the car etc.

it was hard for me to really argue with him when he’s the mechanic and im not. But that just doesn’t seem correct to me?

·
Premium Member
14,534 Posts

So interestingly I rang the garage I bought it from, and they asked me to send them a video. I sent them the video, and they’ve told me that there is no issue and that that light and noise are supposed to occur.

His explanation was that the light is simply to signify that you need to have your foot on the break when you start the ignition. And the beeping noise is standard and is just a reminder to lock the car etc.

it was hard for me to really argue with him when he’s the mechanic and im not. But that just doesn’t seem correct to me?
Your car shouldn't beep when you are opening your door, after taking the key out & handbrake applied. Mine does not, auto too. Doesn't sound like they're trying to be helpful. Maybe take the car down & show them the issue.

·
Super Moderator
26,360 Posts

You know it’s beeping to tell you something isn’t correct , that’s why it is beeping.
If my tailgate isn’t shut properly as i drive off the beeping starts alerting me to look at the instrument panel warning lights , same if my handbrake gets disturbed when driving along.
Their being silly , take it round to them.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts