Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,195 Posts
when you say rear window, do you mean rear windscreen or quarterlights (side windows that dont open)?

·
Premium Member
31,467 Posts
Ive removed a saloon rear heated screen in the past, was a little tricky, but do-able, it can be done by removing all the interior plastic trim, and then cutting the black bonding with a very sharp strong blade. Once you have cut the bonding, carefully start to push the screen out all along the circumference of the screen clockwise, or counter-clockwise motion, using a pad, or some cloth to hold the screen a centimetre at a time, going all the way round until its free. You may need a second pair of hands to help you.

·
VxON Elite
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
but wont this meen once it's out when you put it in to another car wont all the old mastik make it unlevel and make it leak once fitted ?

·
VxON Elite
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
will try and take it out tomorrow only hope the knife dont slip and i end up in hospital :lmao:

·
Premium Member
31,467 Posts
Obviously clean it before you put it back ;)
Exactly, cleaning both mating surfaces using a narrow sticker removal handled flat blade.

will try and take it out tomorrow only hope the knife dont slip and i end up in hospital :lmao:
Be very very careful.

I wont be held responsible if your screen shatters :Cool2:

·
member no 88
1,736 Posts
when you say rear window, do you mean rear windscreen or quarterlights (side windows that dont open)?
ok a little off topic here, BUT why are they called quarter lights when they are clearly quarter windows????

1 - 13 of 13 Posts