Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently bought a Omega Tourer (1997) and have noticed that the rear window de-mister is faulty....The button does not light up and the window does not de-mist.

Am I correct in assuming that the circuit consists of four components.

1) the fuse
2) the relay
3) the window
4) the switch

I've ruled out the switch and the fuse. How do I test a relay?

Secondly

The front and rear cigarette lighters appears dead, The fuse is intact. Any suggestions?

Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Pity this had not been replied to it may have helped me :cry:

Hopefully someone may know more than me about a similar problem I have.

I was using an air compressor to pump up a tyre as had a slow puncture using the cigarette lighter when the compressor just stopped working, on checking I noticed both front and rear cigarette lighters are not working, also air circulation and rear heated window are not working either.

I checked the fuse and it seems fine, I even swapped a similar amp fuse and still not working, I'm thinking a relay problem....... would this be the right ?

Anyone have any ideas what the cause could be ?

Thanks for any help as I'm desperate :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank god no wasted time replying...... I was so worried I might waste someone's time when I realised the problem :rolleyes:

It was a fuse, when I checked the fuses I went by the picture where the fuses are located in the car, after reading these useful forums I realised fuse 14/15 are the ones to check.

14 was broken :D

How stupid do I now feel lol.

I would just like to say a big thanks to the posts in here as I did go through them hence me finding the fault.

Now I must go and hide somewhere until my embarrassment fades away lol.

·
Premium Member
974 Posts
We've ALL made a basic mistake here and there in our time. The point here is that you realised your mistake, checked again and found the fault.

The trick now is to not make the same mistake again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
We've ALL made a basic mistake here and there in our time. The point here is that you realised your mistake, checked again and found the fault.

The trick now is to not make the same mistake again.

I believe there are 3 types of people in this world......

1. Clever - Those that learn from other peoples mistakes

2. Normal - Those that learn from their own mistakes

3. Plain stupid - Those that neither learn from their own or anyone else's mistakes

Thankfully I have never reached number 3 :D

I'm a number 2........ just wish I would step up to number 1 every now and again :lmao:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts