Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an X reg Vectra, and the problem is that the rear window demister isnt working. When I press the switch it clicks, and the light on the switch goes on, but nothing else. First of all I checked the fuse, but it seemed ok, and when I replaced it, it worked!! Next day it wouldnt work, so tried removing and reseating the fuse, but no joy. I have replaced the fuse with a new one, but it still isnt working. I bought the fuse from Halfords, and the guy came out to the car and fitted it for me. He didnt see anything wrong with the original fuse, but put the new one in anyway, and he checked for broken wires inside the window, but didnt see any.

Any ideas what I can do now? I'm not very technical when it comes to cars, but I dont want to take it to a garage and be charged a fortune if it's something relatively simple.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Run a wire from another fuse socket and attach it to rear window connector and see if it works then or dies if it works you could rewire to switch and see if that solves it. I ran from my engine fan fuse to my rear demister with a seperate inline switch. Left it on one day opps flat battery. I choose engine fan as unlikley to require both working at same time.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.