Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the 2.0 8v 95 model with rear disk brake, what i would like to know is if the bearing is the 1 that is all part of the stub axle/ sealed unit? If so what sort of rough price are these?
I have been quoted £80 for all 4 bearings based on the rear being the one's as described above.

·
Respect mah authoritah!
4,994 Posts
i suspect that yours will be with the bearings built in. the best way to tell is if the outer edge of the drum is at a right angle its the one with bearings built in, if they are tapered then there seperate. iirc the 16v had the ones seperate.

you should be able to get the parts from any motorfactors or try autovaux for the parts.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Its a lottery :D

An easy way to check what type is pop a wheel off and look for a hub nut. this indicates the loose bearing type with stub axle. No hub nut but has a disc retaining screw then its a sealed unit.

Being a 95 car it almost certain to be a sealed unit. They are normally £60+ each

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.