Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I know this has been asked before but there’s never been a definitive answer. So in case someone with the knowledge hasn’t seen the previous question in the forum I thought I’d ask to make sure.

Does anyone know where the rear speaker cables from the stereo in a Vivaro go to? It’s like looking for a needle in a haystack. I can see them in the back of the unit (green, violet, cream, beige) but where they go to without ripping the dash apart is a mystery. I’ve heard conflicting answers of below the drivers seat belt and also the passenger side pillar. Under the seat belt the wires are thinner and the colours don’t correspond. As for the passenger side. It’s another needle in a haystack. They must be blanked off somewhere. I’d be extremely grateful for anyone’s help.

Rob

·
If you want to save fuel buy a Camel & a shovel
350 Posts
I thought the rear speakers went to the doors & the front speakers are on top of the dash. Go to radio settings & you can move balance front to rear doors / dash. Listen & you will hear them move front to rear. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi thanks for your reply. The dash speakers and the door speakers are connected in parallel. When you adjust the fader to front, all speakers are on. Adjusting the fader to rear and there is no sound.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Further update on this. I have removed the heater control section on the dash below the radio. Behind there is a connection for the cables to continue behind the glove box but typically the next phase of wiring are different colours. Violet becomes beige, green becomes grey, cream becomes pink, beige becomes violet. My next job is to figure out how to remove the glove box to look at the wiring behind.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Further update on this. I have removed the heater control section on the dash below the radio. Behind there is a connection for the cables to continue behind the glove box but typically the next phase of wiring are different colours. Violet becomes beige, green becomes grey, cream becomes pink, beige becomes violet. My next job is to figure out how to remove the glove box to look at the wiring behind.
Best to just start again like I did.
Get some new speaker cable, connect to your head unit and feed them up round the door pillars and into the back.
Much easier than messing around searching and pulling your dashboard apart

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah think I’m gonna have to. It’s just frustrating that they go to the effort of wiring in and then not bothering to tell anyone where they’ve put it. Did you cut the wires before the connection block into the radio leaving a little bit there and then crimp new ones to the remainder of the old wire going into the block? It’s difficult to get the wires out of the block themselves.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Yeah think I’m gonna have to. It’s just frustrating that they go to the effort of wiring in and then not bothering to tell anyone where they’ve put it. Did you cut the wires before the connection block into the radio leaving a little bit there and then crimp new ones to the remainder of the old wire going into the block? It’s difficult to get the wires out of the block themselves.
Yes, that's it. The plastic pillars are easy to prize open as well. I ran left and right along the passenger side as easier to work on. Whole job only took half hour!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I’ll do that then. Saves messing about anymore. It’s a shame though that I couldn’t locate them. Thanks for the info.

·
If you want to save fuel buy a Camel & a shovel
350 Posts
Thinking about this rear speakers would be probably for the crew cab. So the wiring would be over the left roof channel into the rear of the van. Then in the trunking through the rear left roof.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts