Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Club Barge
3,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I managed to secure a bit of car hobby time today, so I decided to have a go at fitting one of my replacement rear doors. The door went on a treat, and looks much better than the previous item, which was rather rust on the bottom edge.

Anyway, the door I have put on came off a GLS, therefore no electric windows. I have saved the loom from my old door (which is sat in my shed atm).

My question is this, whilst the carriers for the electric window look similar, they are riveted to the door, which means removal will require drilling out the rivets. Can the electric motor be placed in place of the manual regulator, or do I have to change the whole lot?

Failing this, I may just puncture my existing door cards and keep the manual winders, which means I'll end up with a very bizzare spec CDX .

Thanks in advance for any assistance,

James

·
Club Barge
3,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello,

I took the lazy way out . I removed the loom from my old doors and put it into my new ones, but I just drilled my door cards and left the manual winders in place. I'll extract the electric winders and will probably get round to it in the future, but, for now, I have the worlds only CDX with manual rear windows.

TBH, I am not fussed, I never use them as I have Climate, my rear passengers, if ever, never use them either, plus it'll probably be safer when my daughter grows, if she doesn't have an electric window to constant play with (though you can shut it off).

I am very very very pleased with the doors though, mine were pretty rusty, but mainly due to paintwork issues, rather than genuine inside out rust.

I treated some small areas on the new doors, waxoyled the insides and touch up some very small rust spots with Kurust and some more waxoyl (I'll properly paint at some point, but their so small and mostly out of site).

I washed and polished the car afterwards. I am very proud at how she has scrubbed up, the rust free doors make a huge difference to the appearance of the car.

All I have to do now is fit my replacement drivers door and it'll be happy days, but, at this present time, the car is very very presentable as is.

Photos of rust to follow.

James

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.